Hi, folks. I began with yoga classes several weeks ago, so you can say that I am a beginner. I had some troubles during my trying to make dolphin pose. I felt very sharp pain in my elbow. After that, I felt sever pain in that area. Is it possible that this is caused by beginner yoga? I would really appreciate your help.

Hi, there. It is possible to feel pain during some poses, especially with the beginners. But as soon as you feel pain, stop with the movement. Tell your instructor. In this way, your body is signalizing you that you are not ready for that pose. Listen to your body. Don’t push yourself to the limits. If you practice with more experienced people, make your instructor pay more attention to you as a beginner. Instructor is there to help you. In the meantime, visit a doctor about elbow.