yes it is very harmfull coz even i eat alot of state pencile!!!!  my cousin use to eat alot n she stopped wen she was pregnant later she started as her child started schooling! even she took it positive n thought that nothing would happen but a day later her kid fainted in school !!! wen we got the doc's reports it turned out to be a serious issue that the child is suffring with dihydration!!!!

sad but true the boy is 10 years but still he's suffring !!!! he cant force himself to play or run!! or enjoy!!! we feel sad for him!! but we cant do anything even though we have loads of money to spend for our child!!!!

my cousin still regrets 4 wat she's done!! we never understand or rea;ise wat will happen next1!! but becarefull coz our tym is over now its tym for our children to enjoy!!! :)

i eat slate pencils , i like them because they smell very good

:'(

yes !! u r rite .. it's harmful to health . But i want to eat it more and more . What can i do to control eating of it ?

ya me too eating slate pencils for past 10years, i will eat more then 15 to 20 pieces per day, but i drink lot of water so it will not affect me till now, im in chennai only, here im getting natural stone slate pencils only, its very tasty and nice to eat... but i feel hard when i passed my motion, its very difficult... for that im eating 1 or 2 banana's per day... but i too have a fear of that it will affect my health... but i cant stop this habit... i felt mad to eating slate pencil... i love that more than me...

Can u say in Hyderabad where can we get tasty slate pencils

in any stationary shop

:) ha ha ha

Hello :)

I can understand your exact situation. That strong feeling to put a slate pencil in your mouth and enjoy its taste. But its very harmful. You can replace the slate pencil with other nutritive foods which have high calcium and iron in them. If you continue eating slate pencil it will have severe effect on your health. You feel like eating it because you are calcium and iron deficient.

Take calcium supplements like calcium sandoz for women, milk

mango powder (have high calcium in them)

ragi(millet) made food

Black gram...or just look on web for food with high calcium and iron

just stop eating slate pencil and try to divert by eating fruits and vegetables. 

You will get a special attraction towards some fruits and vegetables (for me its anjeer, mango powder, brinjal) its automatic because your body will demand for food that have high iron and calcium in them. Just leave it to your body. stop thinking about slate pencil if you want to live longer. 

my habbit of eating slate pencil started during my pregnancy period... but i stopped eating and now a days i again started eating slate pencil one pencil a day and stopped eating calcium tablet.....and after pregnancy i face swelling on my foot and legs i consult doctor but nothing happened. after eating slate pencil from last one week my problem is solved i dont know how but swelling is gone and no more calcium tablets....

Here I’ve gone through total discussions. Here you can find both positive and negative conversations, but try to go with healthy one. There is a saying like “Bad is always attractive”. Fact is eating slate pencils are very bad to your intestine, eating slate pencils can cause in decreasing the hemoglobin levels in blood. You may have experience with bouts of dizziness, low appetite for regular food to some extent. Just try to stop eating.

Slate pencils composed of mixture of clay minerals and soft soap stone. The person who is eating them he has mineral deficiency. The ingredient of slate pencil (clay or talc) reduces the appetite and reduce the absorption of iron in your body that leads to anemia. Hemoglobin levels also drop to half the normal range. You should stop eating slate pencil....

Eating slate pencils it will cause of kidney problem. I would like to suggest you consult a doctor and tell you condition he/she you get can advise you better. I have also heard that this type of habit indicates calcium or other mineral deficiency. As soon as possible consult a doctor.

ne aayyaaaaa shiggu sheram ledhaa

I'm from Andhra Pradesh. I do eat lot many slate pencils per day (around 20-25). I dont think it is harmful for us.. actually I dont understand the difference between stone and graphite which you are talking about in the above discussions. Here I use to buy the Slate Pencil products named as Tiger, Panther, Camel etc which will look in white color and easily chewable. I think its made of some white stone only.. but i didnt face any health issues till now.. Or im not sure the normal health problems which i've currently is due to Slate pencils or not coz i didn't inform this to anybody till now... I feel very comfort and good while eating slate pencils. I've seen one of the post syaing eating slate pencils wont be harmful at all. Could anyone of you please clearly mention some reasons in what way will it be harmful to our health?

Yes it is very harmful having slate pencils, since i am having it for more than 10 years continusely i will have two pack in one day now am suffering form animea, hair fall from 100% my hair has became 10% and always laziness, now am under going treatment for that but still i could not stop having it. some one please help me to get rid off from this problem