Seriously just because someone who is ADDICTED to slate pencils says "Oh they're not harmful I eat them all the time you'll be fine." Means nothing that is like a heroine/opium/cocaine/etc. addict saying "Oh I do this stuff all the time don't listen to those educated medical doctors they're full of it." All of you need to see a doctor whenever you are able too.

Slate pencils most common issues are gall and kidney stones, anemia, dehydration, and calcium deficiency but the ones that contain talc are even worse some calcium tablets contain this in very small amounts but talc is horrible on the stomach and intestinal linings my biology teacher compared it's effects to swallowing powdered glass. Slate pencils are not regulated for consumption so there is no thorough check on what each brand may contain you could very well be eating toxic minerals such as lead which can cause severe brain damage and death, quarts which can cause severe respiratory problems, cinnabar which has high levels of mercury which WILL lead to death, fluorite which contains high levels of fluorine that can cause brain damage and can even be passed on to your children if you are a woman, and many others.

Please all of you suffering from this addiction please go see a doctor and get help.

i have figured out a better idea!! instead of swallowing slate pencils, chew it how much u want and spit out every bit of slate pencil instead of swallowing

Thanks ur ans gave me a great pleasure n it's showing ur confidence in having no trouble in eating slate pencil but some say its really harmful

hi... Guys... I too eat slatepencils... Not always but whenever I get time I usually buy two or three boxes of slate pencil and try to finish it within two days. When am tensed I usually do this and after having it I feel very much relaxed. But I started to notice colour change on my lips. It turned black and and my mom asked whether I used to smoke or not. I tried my maximum to stop it. Whenever I go to a fancy shop I buy slate pencils and will bring it to home and eat it before food and after food. At last I started to eat some others things which are my favourite. Like chocolates,noodles,biscuits... Which are not harm to health. So I forgot about slate pencils eating. And I regained my good look by adding fruits to my favourites....

what will happen if i eat half a slate pencil everyday

go to hyderabad-->SR NAGAR-->vinayak temple center--> opp kirana shop---> ask slate pencils of tiger brand---> you will njoy eating

m school girl 14 year old n i also luv to eat that slate pencil is a very tasty i know but thanxxx ! 4 telling about food now i will also eat fruits hey u know about soiled it's pregnant lady eats i luv that soooooo much anyways thanxxx !

oh sorry i forgot to write that i eat 9 to 11 slate pencil in day !

i am having slate pensil from last 1 yr.....n i am facing huge hair fall now ..... i was eating daily but ow day i eat once in weak.....pls help me what i hv to do to stop eating slate pencil.... i almost lost my all hair.

how can it affect the kidney ? will it cause stones in lidney ?

Hi friends.....I eat slate pencils since 9 yrs....and faced many problems.....so I started chewing it for few minutes and spitting it. So by this I am having full satisfaction and also I am saved by numerous problems....

dont eat it

iam also having the habbit of eating slate pencil so iam scaring to eat for fothere becoz iam becoming very lean, so kindly suggest me on this......

it's a bad habbit.

it seems closer to drug addiction.

the health effects depend on ur mental status,and health problems.

if the usage is just 4-10 slate pencils (calcium,white ones) a week,then its ok.the problem isn't a major one.

but if ur seriously addicted,like packets n packs a week.it turns out to a big health issue vn u get damn week. 

the health depends on the vitamin defieciency in ur body.

i have the habbit of eating slate pencils but it's occasional.i heard from all my buddies that it causes lot of harm in future.

so, ive surveyed a bit and formed my own analysis.

health issues:

minor probs:hair fall,white patches on the faces,allergic to dust n sun,dizziness,digestive problems

major probs:harmaonic disorders,pica disease,problem during pregnancy,heamoglobin difieciency.

i have observed that i'm consumsion of slate pencils according to me depends on my mood.when i'm emotionally disturbed,depressed or tired,frusted i consume them much not considering my health.

ive decided to give up tiz habbit,as it could drag me inyo bigger problems.the only solution is i'l try to resist the craving for them.i'vl use som other healthier supplement or chocolates.hope that i'vl succed. 

hi,

yes, we know eating slate pencils creates health issues. But eating and thought of eating other things does'nt satisfy our feeling towards slate pencils. can u plz suggest something which gives same taste and smell, good for health.