For a month (since i fell on my face in basketball) I've had this growth that i've assumed is a mucocele on my inner bottom lip. BUT it more resembles like a hanging piece of skin than a lump. It is full of fluid and has popped in my sleep 2 or so times and refilled. I don't want to waste money on surgery so I'm going to try saltwater starting today. Or is it not a mucocele? If you need an image i don't know how to attach one but i have an email that i can do that with

the growth you have in your mouth does sound like mucocele, but since mucocele form on one or more salivary gland ducts, I'd still recommend you to have a professional take a look at it and see what exact procedure needs to be done.

This shouldn't be too expensive since it's only one visit to remove the mucocele and you'll be sure that you're not risking losing one of your salivary glands and besides, in most cases even the dentist could solve this problem for you,

Wish you all the best,

Nicole

This is CallMeGuest again...Thanks for the response nikols! I thought i was going to get an email when someone replied so it took a while for me to respond. Anyways, after having that doggone annoying mucocele in my mouth for a month I had actually swished some saltwater around for a sore throat. The next morning I woke up and the mucocele was half the size!!! Two weeks later (and I swished saltwater twice a day for a few days) now and there's no sign it was ever there! Amazing...simply amazing...