Hello everyone. I am not eating a meat my whole life, because I think that it is not healthy at all. Instead of meat, I am eating soy and a lot of soy products. And I love it. Actually, I can;t imagine my day without eating soy. My friend today told me that I am crazy because soy is not that healthy as I might think. Now I am worried but still skeptical about her words. Can you tell me one thing, of course it you know how to answer on it - Can soy damage your health and increase heart disease risk?

Hey guest.

It is not that good idea to eat soy products every day. You can eat it, but not more than two times. You should also know that soy at your local market is not a health food.  But somehow I think that you already know this. Of course, the exception is fermented soy, which I'll explain more about later and even worse GMO soy that is contaminated with large pesticide residues as the reason it is GMO is so they can spray the potent toxic herbicide Roundup on them to improve crop production by killing the weeds. So avoid to eat soy every day for your health.

Hey. Please tell me that you are joking with me, right? I just can't believe that soy can be that dangerous and that can increase heart diseases risk. Of course that I am buying soy in the supermarket, because I don't know where I can find one that is "natural" and healthy? Why? Why they don't sell natural soy in the markets? And where I can find it? I am now extremely disappointing. I don't eat meat and I will never eat it! What can I use instead of it? And why soy is that dangerous...I still hope that there is some solution...

Look, there is no adequate substitute for the meat. At all. Soy can be OK but if you eat it rare (maximum twice a week). At least, that is something that experts are telling us all the time. The true is that soy is not that healthy as they are telling us. Actually, when you look at every groceries that you can find at supermarket, it can be GMO, right?

I think that soy is GMO as well and that every GMO food can increase heart disease risk. Also, soy is higher in phytoestrogens than just about any other food source. Phytoestrogens are plant-based estrogens that mimic estrogen in our bodies.

I see. But why then people keep talking about soy, how good it is and how it can be helpful in any situation? Why they are telling us the things that are false? I was living in the knowledge that soy is good and that it can be substitute for meat. Yes, I am aware that every food can be GMO, but soy... Also, I forget to mention that I don't drink regular milk, I drink soy milk as well. I haven't seen my doctor for a couple of years and now I am scared. What to do?

I am sorry because you have found out this at this way. But someone needed to tell you one day and yes, you should definitely go and see your doctor. This is not a miracle food, remember that. Whoever told you this, it is a mistake. I don’t know how to help you and tell you what to eat. I would eat meat, but that is just me, right? Traditionally fermented soy products make a delicious, natural seasoning that may supply important nutritional factors in the Asian diet so they did some research’s where they found that this product is not that good.