I had unprotected sex on Sunday December 23. He came slightly inside of me as he was pulling out. I am so scared that I could be pregnant. Does he have to have been fully entered for a pregnancy to occur? Please answer quickly!

Dear Lady

No, he does not have to be fully entered for pregnancy to occur. The sperm can swim up the vagina, having a bit further to go than if fully entered. In fact, he does not necessarily have to enter at all. Semen ejaculated near the vagina could find its way inside.

However, the likelihood of pregnancy would depend on it occurring on one of your fertile days. So:

1. What was the date of your last period start?
  2. How long is your monthly cycle, and is it regular?
  3. What is the expected date of your next period start?

I'm not at all regular. I only have my period 4-6 times a year. But I had just gotten off of my period a few days prior to the day of the sexual intercourse. I've heard that because I'm so irregular, it's possible that I'm not even ovulating. But I've also heard that early symptoms can include breast tenderness, frequent urination, and cramping in the uterus. I have all of these.

You have still only given rough timing. What was the date of your last period start?

I started on December 4th wind ended on December 17. My periods always last around 11-13 days.

Any time you have sex there is a chance of pregnancy. However, if you ovulated on 23rd and the egg were fertilised, the egg would only likely to have arrived in your uterus today (29th); implantation takes place later. So you are very unlikely to be pregnant yet. The breast tenderness and abdominal pain are also associated with ovulation. Frequent urination can result from bladder irritation.

Thank you so much. You have been a tremendous help.

So glad I could help