is there anything i can do to "dress it up" a bit? ive tried it with honey, and also with a bit of sugar instead. i like drinking tea and im sure that its much healthier than the hot chocolate i drink almost every day, but its too bland for me to tolerate, let alone enjoy.

any ideas on how to fix it up some?

I love green tea......never tried to spice it up.....Have you tried the Tazzo Green tea?

You may want to try another brand. Some are more robust then others.

Yes, different brands are better than others--you can also get a flavor of a darker tea that you like and seep that with the green and you get the healthful properties of both, but a little more flavor.

B&N sells a green tea that's "Grapefruit" flavored that is really good. There are also other berry flavored fruit teas.

I am passionate about green tea too, sometimes i will go to tea house with a group of friends chit chat while drink tea. It is enjoyable. As crazy frog said it is healthier.

However, crazy frog, there are many types of tea. There are good tea and bad tea that will cause harm to our body too. It is good if we are equiped with some knowledge about how to choose a right tea. About green tea, as what i know is that the most healthiest green tea are decaffeined and consist of high polyphenol which is a powerful antioxidant that can prevent cancer.

There is a research by Institute of prostate cancer that Tegreen to provent prostate cancer. I will try to search for the link and share with you all later.

Cheers :wavey:
little star

Hi TriBob, i visited the website just then. Are you working with the company or are you a volunteer? Cheers :wavey: Little Star

Try going to a tea specialty store. I don't know if Atlanta has a Chinatown, but if so, check out an herb or tea shop there and picking up a sampler. My first experience with green tea was a sampler pack of six types of tea (not all green) made by Kwong Sang. It comes in a plastic box and has six small (2 oz.) metal containers of tea. It's about 5 or 6 bucks most places I've seen it. I was hooked after trying the Jasmine green tea. Foo Joy also makes some really great tea. Loose leaf is best, so go for the big tins once you find a tea you like, because it's also cheaper.

thanks for the idea. im not sure what ethnic areas there are around atlanta, but there is a specialty tea store that i know of. several of my friends swear by the tea they sell...

No China town but we do have CHAMBODIA!!! AKA Chamblee

Froggy, a lot of green teas are now flavored. I buy Lipton and Celestial Seasonings, and both brands have many flavors. I like mandarin orange, raspberry, mint, etc. They probably don't have as much of the good stuff of the green tea that the specialty teas may claim to have, but it is a step in the right direction, and like you said, better for you than the hot chocolate.

I also take a multivitamin (One-a-day) that has green tea in it. I try to get as much as I can without breaking the bank.

Buford Hwy is your friend.

Actually a small point of clarification here. If what you are drinking the tea for is it's antioxidant properties you may be better off with the hot chocolate but let me digress. Not just "any" hot chocolate here, the swiss miss and similar prepackaged stuff is mostly cr_p, lots of trans fats and sugar. What you can do however is make yourself a "homemade" hot chocolate the "old-fashioned" way with Hershey's Coco powder (O fat) and warmed skim or lowfat milk. If you are super hard core you can just dissolve (or try to, good luck) the coco in hot water but yeech! Believe it or not, coco has the highest polyphenomeninolwhatevertheyarecalleds of almost anything! Just look how old Santa is! He lives on the stuff! <grin>