I am currently in college full time and working full time, and going to be going to nursing school in a year. My husband and i have been married one year and together four. I am only twenty years old. My husband hits me and punches my arms all the time. Almost every day if i say something that makes him angry he results to a hit. As im writting this i have ice on my arm so the bruises wont show. I have had people ask me and sometime i have fingerprint bruises on my arms. One time i had fingerpringts on my jaw from him grabbing me. He always tells me to leave but i have no were to go and i dont know a life besides with him. I feel so depressed and i am at my breaking point. I know if i leave him i wont be able to go to school because i have no family. He also makes me feel like i am the problem like im saying something wrong that i deserve this. Has anyone else expeerienced this any suggestions?

Hi Lulu,

You ARE NOT the problem.

Go straight to the police and report your husband for assault and battery.  Let the courts prosecute him.  DO NOT withdraw the charges.  Make sure that the prosecutor helps you get what you want for justice, whether it be jail or treatment.

NO WOMAN or a man for that matter should have to put up with abuse of any kind.  He is not a man, he's a coward.

There are programs that will help you get through this. 

Talk to the police or a domestic abuse agency.

I understand what your going through. I have two kids with my husband and feel absolutely trapped. Tells me I'm always wrong and I provoke his abuse towards me. I too am also at my breaking point. It's just hard having a house and children with him and now having to figure out how to split everything up