I gotta say, I am completely new to running (except for the 4 years in the Army, but that was 10 years ago), so I started running about 6 months ago and strictly on a treadmill.
I can run 2 miles in about 21 min at around 5.7 miles an hour, I always disliked running but always enjoyed the natural high and sense of accomplisment after the run.

My treadmill broke yesterday and with the weekend comming up I knew I had to run and was dreading the thought of running outside, I started off and knew instantly this was not going to be easy.

I could not even reach the mile mark and I was breathing so hard my chest hurt, I had to walk the rest of the way and hung my head low, it was a real tough thing to accept.

Is this the way it is going to be? I had heard people stating that Running outdoors was much harder than on a treadmill and boy were they right!! I am on a tight budget and buying another treadmill is not in the cards right now, but I fear the thought of going back outdoors again.

Will it get easier?