Hi

I am posting this article for help. I am currently on on 40 ml of Methadone. Within the next few weeks are so i will be coming down to 30 ml and then on to Subutex. Reason being as i am going in for a 28 day detox at a clinic. After that i will be going into rehab for a year. I have herd all kind of nightmare stories about coming off methadone. Can anyone please tell me if this is tue. I have only been on Methadone for 3 months and i was a Heroin user before that. I had a wee slip on saturday night with heroin but it was to stop me going through an emotional process. Reason i told my parents i was going into rehab again.

Is this the best pain free process? I have been advised that this is the best way forward. Whilst i am one of the lucky ones which will be getting funding for rehab i dont want this to be a waist of tax payers money in Scotland. I am positive about rehab but i practilly spent a year or so in a constant withdrawel state before going onto the Methadone program. Unfortunatly i have to be clean before going into rehab so i will be comeing down 10 ml's in the community then of to a 28 day clinic with Subutex and on 30 ml of Methadone.

I would welcome any positive feedback from people.

Many thanks
Lee W

Hi there, there's no such thing as an easy way in coming out of this but this should make it uch easier for you than doing it cold turkey so you have a good chance of succeeding. Does that help answer your question?

There is nothing positive about Methadone. Just trying to get off it is a living HELL and it is absolutely impossible to get off of. There is nothing I have ever not been able to stop taking EXCEPT METHADONE. It has ruined my life along with my wonderful daughter and my husband. They should be made to take it off the market.