I am infected with HPV for 4 yrs now two yrs ago I deleloped Rhumatoid Arthritis.Is this a complication of HPV?

In my RA treatment I take 1.5 tablets of Methotraxate a week & this suppress my immiunity which is good for Arthiritis but then I am gettting vaunarable to other infections as I understand.

!) What is the balance?
2) Will this cause AIDS?
3)Does HPV develop in to Aids some day?

If Doctor can answer Please...

Chandi

Hi there,

I'm not a doctor but I could answer you on some of your questions.

RA is a complication for your joints at the first place, and as you know it is a chronic inflammatory disease and it makes the body's immune system weak. This cause loss of mobility, weakness, and deformity of the joints.

I think there's no direct HPV connection with RA, but of course the main factor of this could be the weakness of your immune body system.

Now I don't understand what you mean with will this cause AIDS? AIDS is a virus disease, and it can be caused by HIV. I think there's no regular connection between RA or HPV with HIV.

Also HPV cannot develop to AIDS either, but according to WHO statistics HPV can develop in cancer, mostly by women with long-term HPV infection. However, I'm not a doctor, but I know one case with one of my friends. She got this information from her doctor, but she's still on treatment and her condition is after 5 yrs. still stabile.

That's my opinion and I'm not a doctor. The best way is to make appointment with experts in that area, not normal doctors rather specialists. You need opinion from more then one doctor.

Hope this will help you a bit, but as I said, talk to specialists and they can put you on right treatment.

Hi Andra,

Thank you for the info.This makes me ask you for a help.I was affraid that my wife will have hpv from me & then she night have a cancer so I got her take a PAP test two months ago it came clear & no any cell cahnges.
1.Pls ask your friend what kind of medication & tests that she is on?
2.How did her doctor dignose her of hpv? what were the simptoms?What are the treatment?

Please ask her I am sorry if that will be too much.

Thanks,

Chandi

Wow, i was told and read that there is no test for a man for HPV. I'm curious as to how you were diagnosed.

Not sure who told you something like that...but they can take a sample from one of the sores if a man has a breakout and they can tell from that if he has HPV. Also there is a bloodtest for HPV that works for both women and men. At least that's what my doctor said.

There are many theories that chronic infections can lead to RA. 

There is a direct link between chronic inflammation and HPV advancing to cervical cancer. (see below) I was diagnosed with high risk HPV in the early 90s. I developed RA three years ago. Last month my regular exam showed cervical cancer. It was caught early and I was able to have a hysterectomy before the cancer metastasized. Please make sure if you have HPV that your wife's doctor is aware of it and she is pap-tested at least once a year. In my case, the cancer was extensive. It was shocking how quickly and how far it had spread. HPV is a sexually transmitted virus. You can have it for years and never have a single sore. If it wasn't for regular paps, I wouldn't know I was infected. That being said, there are many different strains of HPV. Only the ones classified as "high-risk" are believed to cause cancer.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1994795/

Quote:

As stated, long-standing inflammation secondary to chronic infection or irritation predisposes to cancer. How might such conditions lead to the emergence of initiated cells? In the case of some types of viral infection, it is clear that virally encoded genes can contribute to cellular transformation. An example of this are the transformative abilities of high risk HPV mediated by the oncoproteins E6 and E7 [18].