am a 20 year old female. For the past month I have been experiencing constant nausea and fatigue. I went to my doctor and she suggested glandular fever was the cause, but it did not turn up on my blood test. I have been trying to rest and often have good days, however, I often suddenly get very hot in the face, go pale, and get the shakes. This will last for anywhere from a couple minutes to longer. I also get dizzy and light headed and feel faint. My gland are constantly up, but a sore throat is occasional. Most recently I have developed cold symptoms and my throat has been getting more painful. I also get body aches and headaches. Is this still normal for glandular fever?! Or is it something different?

hi, from what you have described, glandular fever does seem the most likely cause, unfortunately most doctors only tend to test for it once with a blood test though, and as glandular fever is cyclic in nature it can often be missed or not show up in the first few blood tests. As you are still experiencing problems I would advise that you return to your doctor and discuss this with them, it may be they decide to manage the situation as though it is glandular fever even though there is no definitive diagnosis yet. in the meantime, ensure you are getting enough rest, plenty of fluids and keeping down any fever you may have. hope you feel better soon.

Sounds like its going around.. I and 2 other member of my family have the same symptoms

%-) i think it is going around cause i know someone who has these symptoms too

I'm also a 20 year old female, have had these kind of symptoms and a run of colds. Thought it might be glandular fever too, tests also came back negative…
Now I am experiencing heaviness in my left shoulder and arm, it is less responsive than my right– I have been waiting a while to see if it's a circulation problem but it's not going away… suggestions? It's worrying me.

edit: should add, it's been a couple of hours since it started… there's a feeling of tension in my hand and up my forearm, and occasional aching pain in my shoulder. Could it be a trapped nerve? I wasn't doing anything strenuous.

I didn't get a great deal of sleep last night, and right when it started I was feeling particularly tired and muzzy-headed.

Every time I've been to see the doctor they haven't found anything seriously wrong, but I've been feeling more easily tired with frequent 'all-over' muzzy headaches and feeling of tension in my jaw making me think my glands are swollen.

I know that I grind my teeth at night, could any of this be related to that? The jaw thing makes me wonder.

I have had a pain in my left shoulder blade just at the bottom of it. It is like a traped nerve but feels really sore it comes and goes and its now there 2 weeks. I feel nausea a few time a day and other days i'm ok. I do not have bowl movements every day and i do not have any colds. I do now and then get shakey and feel weak and very faint and a high temperature that just comes in spirts. Honest i do not know what it is but any advice is greatful.

These symptoms sound similar to mine, but i was diagnosed as having CMV. My symptoms change over time it seems. It is like i go through cycles. One thing remains the same... I am constantly staring off into space, fatigued, headaches, joint pains, phlegm, you name it... and this has been going on for 6 months.

I am a 23 year female who also shares many of the above symtoms. When i first started feeling sick (about 3 years ago now) i felt really dizzy all the time and my head felt cloudy (if that makes sense). I went to the doctor and she suggested i had a viral infection. Treated me with antibiotics but i never really felt completely 100% after this. I go through stages when i feel fine but lately it is back and i always feel like i have a fever, some times waking up with headaches, occasional dizziness especially when in enclosed spaces or busy place - malls, bank etc, also get nausea which sometimes makes me feel like i want to be throw up. Have been to doctors, neorologists and physiotherapists many times and have been misdiganosed time afte time. I have been told in the past that i might have vertigo, sent to physio, told i may have an inner ear problem due to my dizziness, multiple blood tests have been done which all come back clear. It seems that doctors can never quite pin point what is wrong with me. Also told that it might be a bit of anxiety. It just gets me frustrated and sometimes really worried that something is seriously wrong with me and the doctors aren't picking it up.
Would be grateful for any feedback or suggestions on what could be wrong.

hey so i just happenend to wake up one morning and suddenly just scratched the back of my neck and noticed that there was a hard lump on the left side of my spine..just below my hairline.
after a while i noticed that the lump was getting bigger..and i was getting headaches for about 3 weeks before this..my neck is still stiff..and my sister that is going to college to be a nurse said it could be a cyst..and my other sister questioned me and said.."what if you have cancer"
i seriously have been so worried ever since.

any idea of what it could be?

OH MY GOODNESS i have been feeling those symtpoms and had NO IDEA WTF was going on with me now i should try thattt wow thanxxxxx

I have been feeling all of these same things. My husband thinks I am a hypochondriac!

Just out of curiosity -
Does anyone take antidepressants? I am on Effexor XR
What part of the country are you all from? I am in Southeast - TN
Any narcotic pain meds? I am on Lortab.

Trying to see if there are any specifics we all have in common.

This is a classic anxiety case. All the symptoms add up. I am not a doctor but am a nurse and have studied stress, anxiety for a few years. All of these symptims are a result of your body's response to anxiety/stress primarily caused by your adrenal response. My suggestion would be to see a doctor and get this sorted as all the physical tests have come back fine so you need to trust those results. The quote about being dizzy in enclosed or busy places is a sign of slight agoraphobia which basically means an anxiety in public. Again, this is caused by anxiety. Once you get rid of the anxiety, I am 100% sure all your symptoms will disapear - not overnight, it will take a little while. Hope this helps.

I am an 18 year old female. For the past 3+ months i have been experiencing bouts of dizziness. It is very persistant and occurs most obviously when i go from laying down to sitting up, or from sitting to standing. I tend to black out for 2-3 seconds and feel like i could fall over. Only most recently has the dizziness been accompanied by nausea and shakiness. Fatigue is a serious problem joined in with this. I constantly feel as though i have no energy. i dont know what to do, but i cant tolerate this any longer. any ideas as to what the problem could be?

hi, the most common cause of dizziness frm sitting to standing is postural hypotension - aka low blood pressure. This tends to be most noticeable if you have been unwell recently or run down. Another cause is a middle ear infection causing an imbalance, however this would tend to happen at other times as well. If this is continuing it may be worth going to see your doctor and have a few checks carried out, hope this helps.

i had that happen to me twice it's shingles which usually happens to 45 and up but i was only 20 when i got it