So I need some advice/opinions.  I had my last normal menstrual cycle 10 May, 2011.  If my calculations are correct I ovulated sometime between 27 May and 30 May, 2011.  During that time my boyfriend and I had both protected and unprotected intercourse.  When we had unprotected intercourse, he never came directly inside me, but did come very near my vaginal area, right directly near/on the vagina.  I know it’s not impossible, and I also know that it is very unlikely to get pregnant that way.  However here is where I need some help/advice/opinions:

My next cycle was 11 June, 2011.  It was not a normal menstrual cycle.  My normal cycle has 5-7 days of bleeding with the first two days being very heavy.  This cycle was late by 2 and a half days, so I took a pregnancy test the morning of 11 June(yes I used first morning urine, as it is the strongest), it came back negative.  My “period” came on late that evening(10pm or later).  12 June, it was sort of heavy, but not heavy, especially not how it normally should have been.  I also didn’t have my normal cramping/lower back pain.  That was all followed by 2 days of very light bleeding that I didn’t even need a pad, just one of those light day pads.  It was dark pink/light red bleeding.  All of this was preceded by 3 days of cramping, not normal period cramps either.  These were higher in the abdomen then normal lower back/side cramps usually associated with my cycle.  However because I got a period I didn’t think anything of it.  Even though the cramps continued(I’m still dealing with them now, they are daily, but not every minute of the day-same location both sides of my body-alternating from time to time, others it’s at the same time).  The cramps are worse after I eat food or drink something carbonated(I have since stopped drinking carbonated drinks for the most part-been weaning myself off to prevent caffeine headaches).   I complained to my boyfriend about my cramps when he came to help me move 22 June-27 June.  I was also extremely moody/short tempered, had major cravings and the cramps.  Originally we said all of these symptoms were from the stress of the move, which made sense.  However it is now 9 days post move and all of these symptoms are still present.  Along with a few new ones:  I also just started experiencing back pain (again higher than what normally would be considered period cramps), exhausted all the time(been taking naps in middle of the day on lunch at work), breast soreness and sensitivity, some nausea(but only when I’m thinking about eating and I’m full), ankle swelling, heightened sense of smell and headaches (within the last few days).  I also have been having some weird “butterfly” sensations in my stomach.  I never thought I was pregnant, even though my boyfriend and I joked about my symptoms.  Now I’m not so sure.   We would welcome a pregnancy; however neither of us aree planning for it. 

Also another piece of information, I got so tired of dealing with the cramps I took two more pregnancy tests mornings of 29 June and 1 July just to see if it were the reason.  Both came back inconclusive as the lines were so light they were barely readable(couldn’t even tell if it was a plus or a minus, that is how light lines were).  So my question is, what ELSE could these symptoms be?  I have an OB/GYN appt 20 July where I plan on bringing all of this up, this is an appointment for my yearly pap, but may end up being more.  My next cycle should I have one should start around 10-13 July.  In the meantime I have been taking care of myself and have been taking good vitamins.   I have basically ruled out UTI as I did not have intercourse between 30 May and 22 June.  And I know UTI symptoms would have been present before 9 June, usually within 24 hours.  It doesn’t normally take nearly 10 days.  I also have been really good about going straight to the bathroom after intercourse to prevent a UTI, as I have made that mistake before.  

It seems to me that you are pregnant, but you must remember that home pregnacy tests arent always right. You should go to your doctor and ask for a blood test as that will tell you for sure whether you are pregnant or not.

Still no info.  I am still cramping, and now I'm having cravings, and possibly movement, but definite fluttering in my stomach(along with all the rest posted above).  I go in on Wednesday for an ultrasound.  I went in originally for a yearly appt, and my doctor barely gave me the time of day for anything beyond taht.  I finally pushed to find out if it is a cyst, they took blood, but I never heard back from them nor do I know exactly what they tested for.  So I do not know if they did a blood test for pregnancy, nor do I know if that is a standard test they do with a neg urine test in the office.

Took another at home test the weekend of July 8th, came back negative.  I cannot wait till my appointment on Wednesday so I can find out what this is once and for all.