I was 28 years old and had miscarriage( my second child). The surgery was suppose to be just my uterus but later that night they took ovaries in emergency and i had a blood tranfusion. Shortly after that i was diagnosed with bipolar, i was slleeping too much, no sex drive, than too much energy. Shortly after that my personailty when out of whack totally opposite of me. As a result i left my husband and had custudy issues about my daughter. Can a hysterectomy cause depression or bipolar?
ty

Definantly cause depression. its frequent for a woman who has gone through a hysterectomy (ESPECIALLY one on emergency and sudden conditions) to go through depression. Sex drives do drop when the operation is performed as your sexual organs have been removed. The personality change? I have never experienced this before in those who have had a hysterectomy however, it doesn't suprise me to the least. I am truly sorry you are going through this, its got to be hard.