My friend is going to aerobic. She tells me about the thing she does there. It is rather interesting. I am going to try it too. Just one thing confuses me. They are working stretching exercises and they use ball. Is it true or she was just teasing me. Does anybody use ball for stretching?

A lot of people use ball for stretching. For example, me. When you roll your body over the ball you improve the body physical reaction. It also restores smooth energy flow. You don't just lie over the ball. You must place the ball on the spot where muscle's tendon connect to bone and then to use the body weight to apply to the ball.

I use the pilates ball not only for stretching but also for sitting at my desk while working. Luckily I work alone in the office, so I can afford to do so.

The ball helps me keep my back straight and maintain balance. To maintain balance while sitting and working on the ball i need to use my abdominal muscles as well as the thigh muscles. I feel much better on the ball than in the chair as while sitting in my chair I forget myself and sit in God knows what positions :-(