Hello! I need explanations about two things. First is floaters my granny says has them, and a ringworm my grandpa says my granny is. I know he is trying to make a joke, but I would still like to know where he got this from. Thx in advance for the info!!!

Hi there! Knowing is good! Better to ask the way than go astray! Floaters are usually thick strands or clumps of solid (condensed) vitreous gel that develop as the gel ages and breaks down. Floaters appear as dark specks, globs, strings, or dots. They may be a sign of retinal detachment.
Ringworm is an infection caused by a fungus that grows on the outer layer of skin. Ringworm usually appears as a rash with patches that may be red, peeling, and scaly. The skin is often very itchy, and the rash can spread quickly and is therefore annoying. This is probably why your grandfather is calling your grandmother like that. He is making a joke! Is it working?

Very cute, however I contracted ringworm of the eye via my friend's cat 4 years ago, it is no joke, it has infected my sinuses, I have given it to my boyfriend, itchy, "ribbons" in eye, mucous at back of throat, I cannot get a doctor to diagnose or treat it, lately I am getting lesions on my fingers/back of hand from clearing eye's/sneezing..yes they are round and track like a ringworm. It tracked across my face at one point it is about time doctors recognise this for what it is!!! How do you put ringworm medication in your eyes? (yes the antifungal cream is working on the lesions on my hands, albeit slower than the new ones crop up!!)

Faith, Brisbane Australia