Hello! I am a bit older woman and I don’t feel like going to fitness centers where I have to jump and run and I was wondering if walking is a good exercise as well!

Hello there! Walking is the most natural exercise of all and you can do it anytime, anywhere. Considering you are older it will help you stay active. Walking is good for relieving stress and tension. Wear strong, comfortable shoes and thick warm socks if you are going for a longer walk. Plenty of layers of thin clothes are better than one thick layer. A waterproof coat will protect you from wind and rain. And a hat is important for keeping warm as well.

I love your question. I love walking for exercise and try to walk at least 2 times per week. Walking allows me to get outdoors and away from the office computer. I enjoy walking b/c I have arthritic knees and can't jog. So, I adjust the altitude and the length of the walk to the energy I have in the day. I live in a mountainous valley, so I can choose to walk the hills or the flat. I try to take in the surroundings and notice as many details I can when I walk. This helps keeps me interested and motivated to learn more about where I live.