after shaving my face and neck a very bad rash appears that has white heads, i have tried everything that i can get my hands on but nothing works, it only starts to go when my hair begins to re grow .

I get the same problem, i even put of shaving until i really have to just to avoid it. I wash my face regularly with anti bacterial spot lotion etc but they still persist.

Mainly around my chin and my mouth.

please Let me know if theres anything you find that helps.

I get the same reaction after shaving, only i get the white heads on my chin. I have a large rough red rash on my neck that is spreading to my chest, which started after i switched shaving creams. My face also flakes all the time and is scaly at times. I am not sure what type of a doctor to see, i have tried a optimologist and a dermatologist and they are both confused. I don't know what to do...? :?

They are ingrowings i have dem myself...bt my girlirend saw dem and realised they are ingrowings wat u cud do is to use moisturiser and not shave extremely well...dont go against the hairs. also once u brst those pimples you will find d hair. Gd luck hope it helps

Some people have hair that grows too curly and no matter how you moisturize or go with the grain, you'll get razor bumps - myself included. There's something called a "depilatory" many of which are formulated especially for black men, however, come in useful for all races. As a black man, my hair is very curly, but I get a close shave with no razor bumps with a product called "Magic Shave" You can get it online or at most retail stores in areas that are black enough - haha. I recommend starting out with the Aloe Vera - Sensative Skin formula.

Good luck!

it'll probably depend on 3 things : shaving foam, how you shave and your skin type.

i used to get really bed rash on my neck, which i didnt like.

so, after shaving, i started used a mild exfoliant on my face, then after wards
applying a very mild moisturizer to both my face and neck.

this stopped the rash.

personally, i'd check your shaving foam to see how acidic it is, and also how you're shaving/how sharp your razor is. each one of these could irritate your skin, thus bringing up a rash.
hope this helps

The best thing I have found is Bump Control that is applied after shaving. NO creams or any other lotion should be used. You have to shave daily, remove the ingrown hairs and it takes about 1 week to notice the difference. After that, it is GONE. Try it but commit to these simple directions and you'll notice a CONSIDERABLE difference.

Good Luck!

what i do is not have a full shave just trim with a battery shaver on a short level ... your still have a little hair but mite help to reduces the rash ...... coz your not harming the poles and skin that much ...

wash ur face with cold water (out of the fridge) even if u get a bucket or something with ice and water in it and dip ur face in it for a couple of times, and yeah dont shave against the hairs and wash ur face with soap on regular basis.. :-| ;-)

I have tried all of the listed answers and no luck. I read one article that it is a virus in your nose. To those that get it, note how if you followed the exhale air from your nose and drew a line- its about where the rash is- just below the mouth- both sides.
I have not found anything that will cure it.

hi i get the same thing everytime wen i shave all these whiteheads comes out my face is fked now lol idk wat to do. i asked my parents wat should i do n they be like just leave it , it will go away :-(

Hi all,

I had suffered for many years, with what felt like an infection on my skin after shaving. I believe it is called a follicle infection. It seems to be more common if you have curly hair. After shaving, the hair that starts to re-grow, curls inwards and hence, becomes an ingrown hair. This can cause redness, soreness and pimples. Here is my advice, which has helped me;

-Wash your skin with an exfoliating face wash and shave in/after a shower/bath(softens beard)
-I have found that the closer you try to shave, the worse the problem! So, only shave with a twin blade razor(should shave close enough). Do not shave against the grain or pull on your skin to stretch it, an attempt to get a closer shave! Do not keep shaving the same area of your face over and over to get a closer shave. This will worsen the irritation/pimples you will suffer from, just go over each area once if possible(not easy I know).
-It may help if you use a decent sensitive foam/oil, whatever works best for you.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***

Happy shaving.

Try using a toothbrush after you shave & very gently brush the areas that you shave in the same direction you shaved them to help the hair grow straight out of the skin. Shaving irritation & bumps are caused by the hair turning & growing back into the skin, by using the toothbrush, as I said it directs the hair out of the skin so it can grow properly & you won't experience any irritation or bumps.

I've had the same thing for years, it actually went from my face where I would shave and then it developed and starting moving up my face, I thought it was a form of excema so starting using hydrocortisine and other creams, however my old doctor retired and I recently went to his replacement.

It turns out its not excema or the type of shaving cream i'm using. Its a fungal infection which is very common and can go undetected it can spread from your hair on your head to all over your body over time and depending on temperature and abrasive contact.

He subscribed me a foaming wash called pevaryl which contains Econazole. it seems to be working well it takes about 3 months of using it 3 days in a row at first - then a month later the same- and then 3 months later the same.

Hope this helps as I know how embarassing and confidence destroying it can be when you go out with a "red moustache "

Good luck everyone.

try olive oil instead of aftershave.works wonders