Hello. I'm 30 year old female and I'm pregnant for the first time. I'm in my fifth month of pregnancy and I'm very satisfied with how I feel and how this pregnancy is passing.
I'm taking regular gynecological checkups and everything is perfect. There is only one thing that’s been troubling me for some time now. I'm having big problems with breast itchiness.
I don’t know what to do about this. I have used some topical antihistamine skin lotions but they didn’t help me at all. IT has become really annoying and bothersome.
What could cause this? Should I contact some dermatologist over this?

Hello. I have just read your post and I was thinking what could cause you this itchiness. There are several things that could cause this and in most cases it could be something as simple as mild eczema - especially if the itching is worse under your breasts.
If there are none visible lesions on the skin that I believe you're most likely producing more of the hormones estrogen and progesterone.
In pregnancy, rising of these hormones can cause increased blood flow and breast tissue changes. Many women experience these symptoms and probably this made your breasts feel swollen, sore, tingly, and unusually sensitive to touch. Good thing about this is that it starts in about third or fourth month of pregnancy and stops in last trimester.

Am I not Lost??

I get itchy around my breast (the top side not the under)...
Will it affect my breast milk?
Will I get strecthmark as I scrathed them very hard several times in the beginning of my preagnancy?

I am 38 weeks pregnant and I noticed my breasts starting to itch REALLY bad this pastweek. o.O I hoping this is something that will go away.

i got stretch marks on my breasts and its itchy....lotion...creams nothing is working :-(