About a year and a half ago a girl I was sleeping with tested positive for Herpies 2. I was oviously freaked out because the whole reason I made her go was because I had several red bumps on my genital area. So I of course when to the doctors they looked at it and said it aprear to be jock itch and looked nothing like herpies. So me being worried stopped having sex and basically went to about four doctors had three blood test all came back negitive. I have had redness on my scrotum the entire time. As well as tingling, and slight iching. I have followed doctors instructions showering twice a day using the powders and prescription creams. I have been living in Florida but and from New England so i thought the heat was keeping the fungus around. But its only on my scrotum which isn't suposed to have fungus. I just don't know what to do anymore the dotors can't seem to help. Also the redness seems to stay in the exact same area. Also my hair in between my legs seems to feel like raised bumps. Will this ever go away? I'm a health freak so even this same iritation to me is a major problem. Can anyone offer and helpfull advise????

TO help everyone out with RED ITCHY SCROTUM....first look at WWW.DERMNET.com.........your condition is probably going to be in one of two sections......if its just on your scrotum and maybe a little on your penis, look at allergic contact dermatitis. If its running from scrotum down to crease of you leg and so forth, look at fungal infections candiasis.

If the area on ur scrotum started out red and shiny and leathery, without skin flaking off and itching worse than anything in world, it is prolly contact dermatitis, prolly from too much touching, sex lubs, changing washing powder, heat, or scented body washes. DO not put hydrocortisone on ur genital ever!!! It thins the skin of penis and scrotum and make you have more problems down the road. The best treatment is washing area with just plain water and trying to keep area cool and dry......in addition to taking Medrol pak. When taking the Medrol pak the area should has vast improvement within 24 hours and keep looking better everyday. Take benadryl oral to help with the itching. DO NOT TAKE opiate pain killers since they have a tendency to make most people itch. If this does not cure all the way, you might need a 14 day medrol pak. If it does not help the problem, then its probably a yeast infection.

In case of yeast infection. They are numerous remedies OTC and should cure problem in 3-4 days, but continue using for full 2 weeks. If no improvement is noted with anti-fungals otc in 3-4 days then it probably is not a yeast infection. Then check with you doctor about condition. If they insist it is a yeast infection, insist on oral anti-fungal pills and prescription strenght cream. Yeast infections conditions very greatly in everyone and could look like a STD. Most the time in a STD such as herpes the condition is very easy to identify or you dont have syptoms at all. The best way to determine this is have swab of sore for culture or have a blood test done.

Lastly if you have purlent drainage (pus) from the skin, go to doctor. THis will probably need some kind of antibiotic and will not heal on its on.

Hope this helps anyone that has this condition.

Ga boy!

What finally worked? I got the same stuff. ugh.

If you or someone you know has experienced these genital symptoms, I have found the cure!
Symmetrical redness on scrotum, tingling/itching feeling, random testicle pain, hair follicles on scrotum are raised, scrotum droopier than normal.
I dealt with these symptoms for over six months after traveling to Mexico, Honduras, and Belize. When I got back and saw a dermatologist he said it DEFNITELY was not herpes (no boils or sores) and he misdiagnosed it as contact dermatitis. He prescribed me steroid cream that did more harm than good. Finally, after scouring the internet I found a testimony very similar to mine.
After trying everything from dipping my balls in vinegar to assaulting my nuts with baby powder I finally used the dandruff shampoo Nizoral. After washing my genitals once, a day with Nizoral the symptoms finally started receding! My testicles FINALLY returned to normal skin color instead of a fiery red color. This pesky rash caused me an enormous amount of stress and I am relieved to say I finally found this treatment that works! If you have experienced these symptoms, please try Nizoral dandruff shampoo and spread the word!! (I saw two doctors who had NO IDEA what it was or what to do. Self-treatment for the win! This condition seems to be unrecognized by most doctors. Once you try this treatment and see that it works please spread the word around the internet. People deserve access to this useful information.)

Any after effects? do you now have to keep using it? I just applied it last night and I'm seeing results already ie no itch little colour change. I just hope I won't have to depend on it. Any after using this product would be much appreciated Thanks!

How long did you use the shampoo and did it sting or hurt

This unfortunately didn’t work for me! How about you?

Hi
thanks so much for this info, I have been putting up with the burning scrotum for months so far and even seen a Dr. and got a prescription that never worked. Used this last night and wow what a relief. So far so good....