I'm 16, a junior in high school and i've been having discharge since probably 6th grade, but its developed an odor over these few years.

The discharge is between clear and white in color, very stringy, like mucus, and its causing a bad odor.

I wash regularly but it comes back so soon. 

I've become so self conscious about it and i am so sick of it! it controls my life, i cant wear certain things because im so worried that other people can smell me.

I am not sexually active so i know it isnt an STD, i havent gone to a doctor about it because im scared of ebing judged and so uncomfortable about it.

Please, if you can help me figure out what this is :(

Hey taylor! Relax, it's not a big problem, seems like you're having bacterial vaginosis. Women with BV always complain their abnormal discharge with a strong odor, some women believe it's a fishy like odor and usually get worse after intercourse sex. The discharge can be grayish white. It may also be foamy or watery. Other symptoms may include burning when urinating, itching around the outside of the vagina, and irritation. However, unfortunately, some women with BV have no symptoms at all and so that could't get it treated in time. Just mention this to your mon and see a doctor. There're many girls at your age are bothered by this problem, it's not std, so don't afraid of telling this to your mom. If you do have one, you'll get prescriptions and you'll be fine soon. But it's worth noting that, BV is easily recurred, you should handle it very carefully to prevent a recurring infection. For more related informations and useful tips, you could try to check out

***post is edited by moderator *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hope you may get rid of your ailment soon. Good luck!