So this is really weird, I have a friend I was living with who also had this fowl smell coming from her area and when her clothes were in the laundry her pants and stuff the smell was very strong and fowl you could smell it from half way across the room, so im a bit worried because after about two weeks I started getting a similar smell from my vagina it comes with a clear cloudy discharge and has a sour smell, Im wondering if its from the birth control i was on because it occurred after I started on it and stopped taking it, and shes on the same birth control,  I have been sexually active but last time I had sex was with a condom and the smell was not there then I was on my birth control, sometimes the smell is strong that I can smell it if I am sitting. Help! what is thiss?

Health Guru
It could be an STD so in get it checked out hun

It could be caused by bacterial vaginosis. All healthy women have bacteria in the vagina, the balance of good bacterial and bad bacterial can prevent overgrowth of specific organisms which may cause a vaginal infection. As the most common vaginal infection in women, BV is right developing when the balance changes. (good bacterial decreases and bad bacterial increases)

Women with BV always complain their abnormal discharge with a strong odor, some women believe it's a fishy like odor and usually get worse after intercourse sex. The discharge can be grayish white. It may also be foamy or watery. Other symptoms may include burning when urinating, itching around the outside of the vagina, and irritation. However, unfortunately, some women with BV have no symptoms at all and so that could't get it treated in time. 

BV is not something serious in most cases, but lots of women are bothered by recurrent infection and can't find their way out. You should see a doctor and get prescriptions to avoid a worse condition. There's a herbal medicine named . Pill also works very well, you can google it and have a look.