Hello, I wondered if someone can help me and possibly put my mind at rest.

For the past few months I have been getting lower back pain and a few other symptoms. I have been to my doctors a few times and he has done blood and urine tests and they came back clear, I asked him if these had tested my liver and kidney and he said they had and they are both fine. He sent me to a physiotherapist and she has said my back is stiff and needs unstiffening and the reason I get the pain is that my healthy parts of my back have to work much harder.

However, I am a naturally panicky person by nature, perhaps borderline OCD and I cant get things out of my mind. I am convinced my problems are due to alcohol...I am 21, female, but not what you would call a heavy drinker, in fact th last time i went out for a night out was in February...6 months ago. I don't drink very often at home either. However, there have been probably a handful maybe 5 or 6 times when I have gone out and drank far too much. This has resulted in my sides hurting the next day, a general achy feeling and perhaps being sick. Howevr like I said I have done this no more than 6 times...maybe not even that. But the thing that worries me is the fact that I have made my sides hurt.

Should I keep worrying or should I just accept that my pains are as my physiotherapist said, due to bad posture and stiff back. And also accept that whilst foolish....my few nights of madness gave me grief the next day, but are unlikely to kill me or lead to complications now.

Sorry for long post....I just want to put my mind at rest

Thanks

Try massage therapy. A full body therapeutic massage should give you instant pain relief if your back pain is due to postural imbalance.

If you are concerned about alcohol causing this problem, I think a good idea would be to take it out for now and see if that's not the issue. I have lower back pain as well so I know how awful it can be, so try ruling out all possible issues first okay?