I know that physical therapy has often played a significant role in the conservative treatment of scoliosis. Not surprisingly, the pioneers of bracing also recommended this kind of therapy as an adjunct to the brace. My sister was case that shows me that regular exercises will prevent muscle atrophy and stiffness from developing while in the brace. Now I want to hear more about Klapp exercises, because I have heard this is good. Can anyone tell me more about this because I am interested into this stuff?

The chief aim of the Klapp creeping exercise is to restore lost mobility of the joints in the lumbar spine when there is some problem with its mobility or structure. First, important is that patient crouches close to the floor on the hands and knees. Left arm and the left leg are extended to their fullest while the head and chest are kept close to the floor. To do Klapp appropriate, the right knee is kept in line with the right nipple and the heel with the center of the buttocks. As the weight is placed on the hands the left knee is brought to the left nipple while the right arm is stretched fully forward, patient should propel the body forward. These creeping movements are then repeated and can be done in circles with the common right curve on the inside of the circle during Klapp exercises. The Klapp technique has been partially successful, but only when the children were maintained in the prone or quadruped position. The available contemporary braces did not permit the patients to be upright between Klapp exercise periods. When the Klapp routine is employed with the support of the Milwaukee brace between exercise periods, the patients are allowed to assume the upright position without loosing their corrected posture.