I am deciding between these two procedures and want to have both feet done at the same time in the coming year. I would love to hear your post-op experiences either here or write to me on MSN chat. I've noticed a lot of people chatting about their bunion surgery on here but not really noting the exact surgery they had, which is important.

I had the lapidus procdure done on 3/12/07 on my left foot. only due one foot at a time. I was in a cast for 17 days non weight bearing and now an airast for another 6 weeks non wieght bearing. My crutches and my aircast/boot will be my best friends until the end of June.

My foot looks wonderful and the pain after surgery really wasn't all that bad. right now i am having some spasms and sever pain swelling my fault though I am tired of sitting still.

rlsteinm wrote:

HI -
I am scheduled for bunion surgery 1/17/2008 for correction of an arthritic joint deformity in my left foot and am having massive anxiety in anticipation of this process. I would really appreciate learning more from someone like you who has had this or something like this done.

Please tell me everything. My name is Susan.

Susan - my surgery date for the same thing (except on the right foot) is scheduled for Jan 15/08. In May I went to the same doctor for a knee surgery which went VERY well. So maybe that's the first step in alleviating the anxiety - having prior experience with that surgeon.

ALSO, this same doctor has attended two of my acquaintances for the same bunion problem. Ruth (50+ yrs) had surgery in February 2007 and seemed to be getting along fine in March. Leanne (35 yrs) was a very active person, had her surgery in May and was back at the gym by September. Neither of these women regret having the operation. I have no hesitation in having this done. I too am a very active person, but at 55 I'm the oldest one in our Super circuit class, and at the climbing wall. I really don't want to quit those activities, but my sensitive big toe is REALLY getting in the way! I would rather do it now than wait until later in my life when the problem will just be worse.

Do you think we're going to the same Dr? Are you having surgery in Camrose AB? Good luck, and follow doc's orders for recovery.
- marsha

Good luck how do you plan on moving? The first week you will be non-wt.bearing - the following month you will be touch down wt. bearing. This is not easy.