It has been very interesting reading the different bunion surgery recoverys. I am 6 weeks post lapidus bunionectomy and my 2nd metatarsal was shortened. I have a plate with 7 screws replacing the bunion and 2 screws in the 2nd metatarsal. I was in a cast for 3 weeks and now a walking boot with light weight bearing for 3 weeks. The worst part for me is the recovery time. I am very active, play tennis, workout and hate to sit still. I am not able to do full weight bearing yet. There is still swelling around the bunion area and the big toe is limited in motion. I am so anxious to see the end product. From what I have heard for the most part is the pain will be gone where the buinion was. I know I will have to have the other foot done, and just hope I can be patient. If anyone can inform me there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Will the swelling ever go away and will I be able to walk with no pain?

The pain and swelling should go away which is the point of the surgery and I think you should be fine soon enough. I would like to hear how your recovery goes so keep posting, please? Thanks!

Katrina7 How are you in your recovery????? Im 6 weeks out and am miserable. You should be about 7 months now, eh?