Well, my subject line pretty much says it all. I had a lighter-than-usual period at the regular time. Exactly one week after my period ended, I had slight cramping and bleeding--it started as spotting and then became quite dark w/ some small clots, then went back to spotting--all of this lasted just 2 days. The bleeding ended on Sunday, today is Tuesday and I've just taken a positive HPT, the blue line is very faint, but it's definitely there. Could the bleeding two days ago have been a miscarriage or could I still actually be pregnant? Any feedback would be very much appreciated!

could syill be pregnant- you need to see a doc so he can run some tests- good luck and let us know how things turn out

Thanks for the input, Button... I will be going to the doctor to find out for sure what's up. :-)

Well--went to the doctor and took a pee test. Negative. They didn't do a blood test, even though I requested one. She said that I might have miscarried, but, having miscarried before, what I experienced was nothing like a miscarriage. So now I'm confused. I'm going to wait to see what the month's period is like and then possibly schedule another appointment.

Early miscarriage can easily resemble a period...the "clotting" you had does make me lean towards it.... A lot of women have these and never evenknow..
It could have been a "bunk" test. But those are few and far between. Some women trick themselves into thinking they see a line but I don't think that this is the case here. A line is a line but if its gone I would think your bleeding would have lasted a bit longer. Hmm, this is definately an interesting case....I am actually suprised they didnt do a blood test- Do you have weird insurance or something? Well, best of luck to you and I hope that whatever comes of this is what you want. And if you end up not pregnant and that is what you wanted just keep in mind there is always next month. (I know it doesn't help much when you have already gotten your hopes up this time. Keep me posted if you can...best of luck to you :-)

Thanks for the input, Button. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on the matter.
I suppose you could be right as far as the miscarriage--I've had one that I know of, and it was a lot more obvious than this was (I bled for weeks and was only 6 weeks along!), but it could still be. As far as the positive HPT--both my husband and my sister saw the line and it was unmistakable. The line showed up right away and stayed until that night when I finally threw the test away.
I was so shocked that they didn't do a blood test, too! I saw a P.A. and she was puzzled by my negative pee test, so you think she would've gone along w/ me in wanting a blood test. O well. I'll see what my period is like this month and, if things still seem off, I'll go back in and insist on a blood test (my insurance company will cover it).
Can't say DH and I were "bound and determined" to get pregnant any time soon, but I sort of started getting used to the idea and would be thrilled to be expecting if not now, then soon.

Actually its a pretty signifigant and noticeable difference of a miscarriage at 6 weeks and one at 4 or earlier. Mainly because at 4 weeks or before its usually due to a failed implantation which means that nothing has had anytime to grow or cause much of a difference except a slight raise of the HCG hormone - that's why most doctors don't consider it a "miscarriage" because for one there no way to tell for sure if that was it after the fact (without doing a quanative HCG test before the hormone levels deplete) and since it wasn't implanted yet it technically wasn't a pregnancy...
There are so many reasons why this happens but studies have led some to believe that just about every woman capeable of conciving has had it happen at one time or another but thought nothing of it because they still "bled" around the time of their expected period - they might of noticed things to be "different" in someways but because most don't ever have two periods exactly alike it means nothing to them.
I know all about getting your hopes up after having a positive home test...it happened to me one year on christmas...I was dumb enough to tell the whole family on that day and had to change the news 2 days later....I was lucky enough to work at a hospital in do some investigation on myself with bloodwork and ultrasound and found that it was a
failed "start"...after that is when I began researching the topic. It actually happened to me once before when I was much younger but was relieved due to the situation.
I am not saying this is definately whats going on but its the most common explanation when someone does have a positive test followed by a negative. Again, best of luck to you and I hope you soon get what you wish for.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Button. :-)
I took a positive (definitely positive!) HPT this morning! I was so excited! AF was a few days late (though it's been oddly irregular the last couple months, so I wasn't sure when to expect AF)... then this afternoon I started spotting (light pink and brown, just on TP) along w/ some slight, but fairly constant, cramping. This seems awfully late for implantation bleeding seeing as I've already already had a positive HPT. Any thoughts?

Actually implantation bleeding commonly occurs around the time of your expected period. The blood could have taken a few days to expel (hence the brown, this indicates it is older) and/or its just a sensitive cervix. Spotting or even a little bleeding is common in early pregnancy for a variety of reasons...certainly nothing to worry about but you could call your OB for a little reassurance..btw CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO happy for you. It always SO good to hear when someone who is wanting to have a baby gets that positive pregnancy test. I hope to hear updates from you in the delivery/post-natel, and/or problems (i hope you don't actually have any "problems" in pregnancy forum :) :D :D :D :) :o :D

What I thought was implantation bleeding turned into what feels and looks like a full-blown period. On top of that, my basal temperature dropped .5 degrees today, so I knew something was wrong--I went to the doctor, they tested my blood, and it shows I am not pregnant. Miscarriage I suppose. O well...