As the title says: my left eye keeps twitching often. Why is this?

If you are female it is possible that it is a hormone imbalance.

I am indeed female.

How does that happen then? How can I prevent it from happening? Or will it just go away after a while?

Thank you for the help/advice.

xxx

I had a hand tremor for a while and I believe it was because of the starting and stopping of my birth control. When I stopped freaking out about it, it did eventually go away when I think my hormones leveled out.

If it gets really bad or disrupts your life-- go see the doctor. They can tell you whether you should worry.

Everything will be fine :-)

Thank you very much. I really appreciate the help, all. xxx

I too have the eye twitch problem, and am female. It's not hormones. It's fatigue and eye strain. Throw in some stress and my left eye goes nuts. I have also had the problem when I have not been wearing my glasses, or need a eye check up. I sleep on my stomach head turned to my right. When I am having eye twitch trouble this seems to makes it worse. Get some rest and an eye exam and good luck!

Thank you very much. I will give that a go. xxx