About two to three hours ago my left leg started to feel heavy or numb. I can still feel if I touch it so I'm not sure if numb is the right word but it is the best I can describe.  Then I tried to go to sleep but I woke up worrying.  I noticed that my left arm and hand now felt the same way as well as the left side of my throat.  I can still move everything three hours later and have full use of speech and facial control but the numbness and warmness persists.  The pain seems to be more focused on my arm now though.  Is this a stroke?  Would I even be able to type this if it was a stroke?  I picked up my guitar and played a few songs to see if my brain and cordination still worked and I did just fine.  If this is not a stroke then what could it be?

It may possibly be a stroke-related thing, however I'm not too sure about strokes so its worth doing some research.
I know what normally causes numbness is when you cut off a body part of its blood circulation. Keep that in mind and see what may cause something like that...

I have very similar symptoms, so if you find out any answers, I would love to hear them. The feeling is mostly a skin sensation and not actually a complete numbness. The feeling is more a loss of sensation or a deadening of feeling in certain pasts of my body. I first noticed this sensation about 5 years ago in my big toes. I had an EKG test and the practitioner informed me that I do have slight nerve damage in my legs, which is somewhat common in women who wear high heel shoes. About 6 months ago I noticed this feeling again in the outer part of my right thigh. The sensation has not gone away, but it has also not affected my daily life and only really notice it if I press down on the area. Then a couple of days ago I was sitting down studying and noticed a spread of the same feeling of loss of sensation mostly on the right side of my body, along my arm, lower leg, and face. The feeling briefly went away (or maybe I was preoccupied) during language class and afterwards yoga class. The feeling came back that evening as I was sitting down to dinner, but this time mostly on my left side. The feeling is in my arm, down my leg, face, and even tongue. Today the feeling is accompanied with an incredibly stiff neck. I don't have my usual range of motion when I try to move my neck towards my chest or back. I am concerned that perhaps my yoga class may have something to do with these symptoms. From what I have read on the internet, I am pretty sure these symptoms are a result of nerve damage, possibly even a slipped disk. (As an aside, I read that if you are having a stroke, you may want to try texting a friend and if you can only text gibberish then it is a good indication you are indeed having a stroke. I am unsure if typing on the computer can reveal the same thing.)