I have been experiencing mild, intermittent pain in my left side under my ribs for two years--and was diagnosed with IBS-C and sent along my merry way. I began experiencing increasing constipation and side pain and often would experience a slight numbness along my left side when I sat with my abdomen scrunched up. Two months ago I noticed a streak, followed by a spot of blood in my stool and high-tailed it to the gastroenterologist. Blood work came back fine (celiac, etc) but two fecal occult blood tests came back positive a couple weeks later and I got scheduled for the first available colonoscopy...which unfortunately is still two weeks away.

Since then I have noticed one small red spot in my stool. I've since tried to stop looking since the test is already in place.

I went through about two weeks pretty much pain/numbness free, but it's back now with a vengeance and I'm freaking out. It's gone on so long. Now I'm half convinced the numbish feeling is sciatica caused by a tumor.

I'm 26 so I realize chances of cancer are low, but everything else seems to involve diarrhea, fever, or dripping blood not accompanied by abdominal pain. Does anyone have any other ideas? Just some reassuring words would be nice right now!

Thanks.

There is a good chance you have a hemorrhoid (that would explain the streak). But, you just need to get it checked out, honestly.

I'm going through very similar symptoms and I am 26, I don't go see a GI Specialist until tomorrow, hopefully I can get some results, I've been to the ER twice and according to them nothing is wrong but these are your regular symptoms to just ignore, what was your outcome?