My cousin who lives abroad send me her picture with her new collagen inserted lips. They look really great and tempting! ļ It runs in our family to have really weird and small lips. I am interested in how long can these results last and how much does this procedure cost? Thx!

Hi there! I did a little research on my own about the lip augmentation. The most common fillers are collagen, fat and Restylane. The results from any of the fillers are only temporary because the body eventually absorbs the material. Results also depend upon the type of filler used. Collagen is a protein found in our bodies. For cosmetic surgery purposes, collagen is produced from purified bovine tissue collagen. Collagen lip augmentation lasts anywhere from three to six months. Fat from one¡¦s own body is also used to plump the lips. Because the fat comes from the patient¡¦s body, there is no risk of any allergic reaction occurring. The effects are disappearing within three to six months after the procedure. But in some people it may last up to a year. Restylane is a non-animal, biodegradable gel based on hyaluronic acid, another substance found in our own bodies. It is effective for six months. There, I hope I helped a bit!