My lips have always been less full than I would like them. Last year I was in a motorcycle accident and lost a lot of weight while recovering from that. I don't know exactly what happened. A tangent, but my hair is less thick than it was before and my skin suffered as well, even though I do take care to eat nutritious foods.

My lips have also become even thinner. My self confidence has just really taken a blow if I'm honest. It is like I aged 10 years in that 9 months or so. And uglified. What can I do to get fuller lips? I'd like to try with non-surgical techniques first I think but am open to any ideas...

There are actually ways to make your lips appear a lot fuller with makeup alone. They involve first applying concealer to your lips and then strategically using dark and light shades. It's hard to describe in writing so head over to YouTube and watch some videos. Failing that though there are lipsticks with collagen as well, and in addition well, there's just things like collagen injections, if you are after a more permanent result that doesn't require being handy with strategically applied makeup.

Celebrity

I am sorry to hear about your accident! Honestly, it sounds like you experienced a severe shock to the system and thin lips are the least of your worries right now. Apart from the physical issues you could also be suffering from post traumatic stress disorder, perhaps? Have you had counseling?

For the lips, I'm a natural gal and I'd probably be focusing on exfoliating my lips with a gentle brush twice a week. Yes, you can do that. Vaseline also plumps them out a bit. You could also look into peppermint essential oil, which makes you smell nice and improves blood circulation in that area.

Rosie

Fat grafts from your own tissue are certainly an option. Despite this, I would recommend you try temporary hyaluronic acid dermal fillers before you consider opting for a more permanent alteration to your lips. I am saying this simply because they would enable you to get a good idea of what results you may achieve and whether you would be satisfied with them before making any permanent decisions.

I would also recommend you get a full medical to see what is going on with your body considering the concerns you have mentioned. The situation with your lips may or may not be temporary.

Yes, hyaluronic acid fillers (Restylane, Belotero, Juvederm, HylaForm, etc, etc, etc) are the most popular dermal fillers used to augment the lips today, and with good reason. These modern dermal fillers can add fullness, improve the shape, and just offer you the lips you wish you had always had. There isn't as much bruising as with other methods, the volume injected can be controlled completely, and on the off chance that you do end up with those unsightly and nasty feeling lumps, they can be dissolved. Plus you can keep on adding more if you are still not happy with your lip volume.

Yep, dermal fillers all the way! They last fairly long, longer than botox, do not have the same side effects, and the result, as the person before me said, can be tailored to your individual needs. Ultimately I think that is what is going to deliver results. Please don't mess around with cheaper options such as Angel Lift and the like that will just waste your time and money because they are not scientifically proven to work at all.

Also, it does sound like your health has taken a beating. Time for a medical??? It sounds like your whole immune system is down and you need something to prop it up again.

See, I don't really fancy fillers or botox, for various reasons, basically ranging from fear of needles and pain to worries that the results would suck badly to the price of it, of course. So I've been looking around to see if there's anything natural or at least low invasion that I could use to plump my lips out, you know? I'm not talking about nonsense like Angel Lift, which I did consider a while but am now 99.9 per cent sure is a scam thanks to reviews on this forum. But things like peppermint oil and chilly oil, which basically act by inflaming your lips a little temporarily. That's used in some cosmetics that promise to plump the lips as well so why not go straight for the real deal, I figure? I'm definitely gonna test this out so I'll let you all know how it goes but meanwhile if someone else tried these oils for plumping lips, care to share perhaps?

You can of course simply line your lips with a lip liner, right outside your natural lip line or if you're feeling brave a little further out. Then fill in with a solid lipstick, and follow up with a pretty glossy lip gloss. You will most definitely get the appearance of much, much fuller lips if you do this at least for pictures. If you want that all the time, well, you're going to have to either do your makeup all the time, or get fillers. Personally I love the flexibility of my natural lips. They can go big or small depending on what look I am going for :). If tomorrow you get Japanese makeup evvy after having lip fillers, well, forget it...