For about half a week my lips have been swollen really bad and I have had little bumps- about 30 -on my upper lip at first then they started spreading to my lower lip and another bump appeared on my chin just below my lip and the texture of my lips have changed they feel like sandpaper now and my bottom was starting to split but I used lip balm and it stopped but my lips continue to itch and burn and they are pinker than usual.

I think it might be because I was bitten by an insect I noticed two small holes that were itching in my arm one morning around the time of my lip change but I'm not sure.

Can I get some help please?

bb_a_kila wrote:

Can I get some help please?

could be herpes

Please try putting pure lanolin on your lips. The best is PureLan by Medela. Make sure it's 100% pure lanolin, no additives or preservatives. Good luck.

I have gone through the exact same things twice over and no doctors are certain by just prescribes me antibiotic. I have researched about it because it is the worst thing that has happen to me. But to my own experience both times I can not put anything on it because the pin heads bumps are pusy and and as soon as apply Vaseline or chap stick it helps but not for long it just ends up spreading more of them around ur lips. The only thing that has helped me is I apply a cold cloth or ice on them until Im satisfied. I leave my lips completely dry and the cold cloth helps the pain and the dryness. The lips have to completely dry out. I then just dab not spread pawpaw cream on the parts that are aren't dry but healed parts of my lip. I do this until my lips are completely healed. First time I went thru this I went over 3 weeks bcos I just kept applying stuff on my lip which just made it worse. And then I just thought to use something cold and it healed up in 1-3days. Second time was 2 days and now it's my 3 rd time and it's only 4 days. I really hope this helps. I have searched all over the Internet and nothing has helped so far, and going thru it again for the 3rd time I know how bad it is to find no answers. So give it a try see if it works for u. And let me know.

does carmex work??

I read to mix baking powder an water to a paste and place in the area an it helps may burn some at first but helps. Also heard putting milk on it helps and drinking lots of milk something about the vitamins

It can be very scary when changes start happening on your body do not jump to conclusions. See a doctor first to make sure it is not an STD. Your story is similar to mine so it maybe the same cause. I have been going through the constant rash like cycle for over 3 months and had had enough because it had started to become progressively worse. Just to let you know i am not sexually active nor have i ever been and it was easier for me to rule that out. I also talked to my mother and she has had similar issues when she was a teenager. She went to many doctors and they could not tell her much of anything to help. This past week in the middle of the night my lips got so big and the micro-bumps were much more noticeable than the mild cases i had before i knew i needed answers. I got an appointment with a doctor and explained what was going on he looked at my mouth and immediately ruled out STD's. He said that sometimes allergic reactions can cause these symptoms i didn't really believe him and planned on seeing a dermatologist but he insisted i see an allergist. He prescribed me steroids that were specifically for allergy related symptoms that would help with the swelling and i am a believer! Two days later the bumps are completely healed and i was convinced that i may need allergy shots. It makes since in my case since I go to college in a new area and i have been known to be a very sensitive skinned child with frequent allergic reactions to just changes in my environment. Allergies come in spurts for a long time i was allergy free now that i'm getting closer to 20 i have had more allergic reactions than my tween years. I have an appointment set up with an allergist on the 20th to take my second allergy test and to see what shot i may need to take specifically. My advice is to do research talk to a doctor first before seeing any specialist and do NOT freak out. Many people on these forums can have you believing that you have a disease that you might not because allergy related symptoms are not frequently talked about. I hope this helps someone because it can be scary when you feel like there is nothing you can do to help and believe me i tried a lot of herbal methods. I will try to update my results after the 20th of April. P.S I also believed that i might have needed to go to the dermatologist because i have eczema and it seemed like the dryness of my lips from the micro-bumps might have been a form of eczema but as it turns out allergist also treat eczema as well.

You think it could be an ingredient in toothpaste like the whitening one I've had this happen twice after using the toothpaste.