Every now and then, doesn't happen too often, I get the feeling that there is liquid stuck in my throat. Not necessarily in my throat, but it seems like the area where the neck and chest meet, only inside. I try drinking water, soda, or even having something to eat to see if it can make it go away. It really doesn't help, and it usually happens before I'm going to go to bed. Sometimes I'm scared that because I feel some sort of liquid stuck in there that I won't be able to breathe in my sleep and something might happen. Is there anything at all that could be causing this or is it something that nobody else has experienced? Any information at all would be greatly appreciated.

I just came across this post while googling 'liquid in throat' - i too have similar symptoms as you describe. A feeling that water or liquid is stuck in my throat - generally occuring as i try to fall asleep at night. Drinking and eating dont get rid of the sensation I found forcing myself to cough alleviates this feeling for a span of a few seconds and i must continue coughing to try to 'cough it out'...ive also tried burping, and gargling - just havent tried to vomit. did you ever discover what causes this or how to get rid of it?

i have this exact same thing happening to me. did you fine out what it is??

I have similar symptoms, with the exception that it usually happens to me somewhere between noon and 5 pm. I haven't found any cause, but I've found that attempting to cough it out helps, if only for a few minutes. If you haven't found the cause yet, then good luck on your search!

I've done some thinking/researching and I've found that these symptoms are similar to the symptoms of something called "Post-Nasal Drip." I hope this helps

This can be a symptom of heart burn. Acid buildup . This is normal , nothing serious. Everybody gets it ever once and awhile.

I just had a barium swallow and the liquid stayed in my esophagus for awhile until I drank some more then it emptied there's a valve in there , I seen it on the X-ray....try walking for 40 mins after last meal

I have the same sensation! I wake up coughing/gagging in my sleep from it. No matter how much I cough it only goes away on it's own. I feel like it'll be the death of me someday. My doctor pretty much told me it's all in my head. If I take any pills they feel like they get stuck there, unless I drink a whole liter of water quick enough that they don't have the chance to get stuck.

This JUST started happening to me, I'm constantly having to clear my throat but it comes back like 5 seconds later. I really hope it dosen't happen to much cause its uncomfortable and I want to go to sleep. I have no clue what could have caused ut, this hasn't happened to me ever up until now.

I have this same problem and it won't let me sleep! It only seems to happen at night. Sleeping in a sitting up position is about the only way I can sleep Also, drinking hot tea seems to help relieve the symptoms long enough for me to get to sleep! Good Luck!

I had this experience thinking i can just spit it out after some time but it never work out dat way it last almost one year den I went tu a pharmacist in abuja close tu house she sold antibiotics for then I got relief

it happens to me also, when i drink cold drink. but when i leave drinking it, the flow reduces .

A good friend of mine with a similar disorder suggested L-Glutamine taken 2x daily may help strengthen sphincter (round) muscles like the throat, esophagus, ears, rectal & vaginal openings. This swallowing disorder is most likely GERD, acid reflux, or a throat obstruction like a goiter or weak heart muscle, like COPD. The only thing offered by the AMA is Prilosec, or water pills which empty the kidneys but don't help the swallowing problem. Prilosec weakens your bones. Baking soda water cuts way down on acid. Also lower your intake of Carbs, nuts & dairy. They make a lot of mucous
that chokes me.

Get checked for Esophageal cancer. GERD and sleep apnea causes this too.

Im having the same problem right now how do i get rid of it?