hi, i am a 17year old male who is experiencing intense withdrawals from trying to quit my use of marijuana. i smoked at least once a day for about eight months. i have tried to quit in the past but i have never made it this long(30hours). the cold sweats and hot flashes have caused insamnia and frusteration for myslef. i had a break down about an hour ago and couldnt stop crying cause i couldnt sleep. i got so mad at myself that i punched my self in the face and tore some hair out of my head. i feel depressed, intense anxiety, un-social, and dont really give a sh*t about anyone or anything at the moment.
my parents caught me smoking several times in the last 7 months and they feel as if they cant stop me from smoking weed. i told my paretns that i think weed is good for me cause it helps me stay positive and motivated when i know that it is doing the opposite. i get horrible grades cause i never do my homework let alone even go to school.
the reason i even started smoking weed was because i was worried i was turning into an alcoholic. i used to drink about a fifth of vodca throught the day,school or no school, plans or no plans. it took me about a month to get over my addiction but i had a lot of help from friends. my parents didnt know of my addiction at all. about a week after i was sober,i tried smoking weed for the first time and havent stopped since.
if anyone can help me out with my addiction to marijuana i would greatly apreciate it! my goal is to become completly drug free so i can step foward in the right direction. p/s. if anyone knows how to block out these stupid effing withdrawals please do.

I have heard a lot of things but you are reaching out and that is the best idea you have had yet!! I've worked very closely with patients that use cannabis for pain control. Cannabis is a medication folks, not a recreational drug to be used on a daily basis unless you have a REAL reason to use it. Cancer qualifies. MS qualifies. Eye problems qualify. Extreme high blood pressure problems and seizures qualify. Lupus qualifies. Chronic pain qualifies. Stop using it for mental problems, it does not help unless you are ADHD. Your body will adapt to anything that you put in it and then "freak out" when you take it away whether it is food, soft drinks, coffee, or drugs, especially perscription ones. Not everyone one is the same and some people have different results. As with all medications, you must slowly stop. Don't cold turkey it if you can help it, your body goes into shock. Taper off and then quit. Don't replace with unhealthy habits! Take up a new hobby, start walking, listen to comedy, make goals for yourself. Small ones at first and larger ones later. As for sleep, I can guarentee results with natural methods and no herbs or teas. 1. Start moving. Go outside and get some air. Clean your house, join a gym, start swimming or just dance your ass off listening to music by yourself. After all day of running around you will welcome sleep. 2. Lose the weight. The heavier you are, the less you breath correctly. 3. Change your attitude. Make life happen, dream and dream big and go get it. (It really works) 4. Smile. Smile all the time, at people, in the mirror, driving down the street. You will glow and others notice bigtime! Stop feeling sorry for yourself, blaming your parents or others for bad things that happened to you. 5. Love yourself. Love the person you really are. Let others see that person and your whole life will change. 6. Be nice to yourself and others. Spoil yourself in little ways that makes you feel good to be alive. I use cannabis. For my illness it helps a lot but it is medication. Don't abuse it or use it if you don't really need it. Good Luck!

UPwithlife wrote:

creed wrote:

im sorry to inform you but i smoked today again. and actually tried a vaporizer for the first time! it was amazing! i started school again cause my withdrawals werent as intense as the last few days. right when i got to school today a girlfriend of mine offered me free pot that she didnt want. how in the hell could i say no that? i was going to sell it but i kinda caved and said fuk-it. its the only way i can sleep at night. its nearly impossibe for me to get a wink of sleep unless i take a bong rip before bed. i only take one hit at night just so i can sleep. not saying i dont like to get super high cause i did today. i just like to use marijuana for my onsomnia.

I completely understand the sleeping problem. You should address it with a doctor, you may need something that your brain is not producing properly. Sleep is so important and you can die from not having it. You gotta do what you gotta do to survive. Quality of life!!!

Good luck ok and don't be hard on yourself if you practice quiting a few times. =)

Guys there are no physical addictions to marijuana, what youv created tho is a habit you probably had other habits you have forgotten about because the marijuana became such a big one , marijuana is great and actually good for you but nothing in large quantity's is good for anyone its like bitting your nails if you always bit your nails and decided to stop your mind will always be thinking about biting your nails youll loose sleep hard to concentrate things like that the best way to overcome any addiction is to pick up something that your brain will think about constantly another habit but more positive like music or a tv program series painting now its obvious that there are no physical addictions there either but stopping one of those after doing it everyday will give you the exact same effects your brain will be searching for that intake that gives you pleasure also discussing these hard effects puts a trick on your brain if someone else tells you there supposedly symptoms of withdraw your brain will pick that up and you will actually think your experiencing the same symptoms the brain is so powerful try not talking about it pick up another habit your hobby and you will be good in 3 days

ok ether one of two things is going on here. One; you crave attention from people and are forced to make up false anecdotes on forums to get attention from people. Two; You have a medical ailment that is giving you hot flashes and night sweats and for some reason you are putting blame on weed for whatever reason...maybe its not on purpose (maybe your just not that bright). C'mon dude i read the first sentence of your post and i cracked up. so ether you have heath, mental, (or both) problems or your some loser who gets all of his positive reinforcement from internet forums because daddy didn't go to your baseball games. i don't mean to sound harsh but dude seriously... your making us cannabis smokers look bad.