Hello. I'm 34 year old female and I'm pretty worried about my brother health. These last couple of weeks he has big problems with his swollen glands, fever and completely bad general health.
He looks terrible! He contacted his doctor over these swollen glands on the neck and he prescribed him some antibiotic but it doesn’t helping him at all.
I'm pretty worried about him because he’s also drinking a lot lately and don’t know could this even be due to alcohol.
I don’t even want to talk about how mush he smokes.
Please tell me what I should do. Could this all be from alcohol?

Hello. I'm very sorry about your brother and I will try to help you.
If your brother is taking his antibiotics all the time and the infection is still present- it could be that the antibiotic efficacy isn’t so good or we talking about some much more serious infection.
I was reading something about one condition called glandular fever and I will tell you more about it. It is disease caused by a virus and that’s why antibiotics don’t work on it. It attacks all lymph nodes and liver. Like other virus infections, glandular fever often causes fever, aches, headaches, and can make you feel quite unwell. That’s why I think that alcohol could make things even worse because the liver isn’t healthy like it should to. Tell him to avoid alcohol and contact sports for eight weeks.