Losing weight quickly but safely. Is that a contradiction in terms, or something that can be realistically achieved by most people who need to lose weight? I am sure that, once we reach the stage where we decide that we want to lose weight, we'd rather be quick about it and not let the whole situation drag on. How much weight is a responsible amount to lose in, say, a month, and why?

Wow, you asked some heavy questions there! I am not sure anyone here has got the answers. Well, the one thing that we can probably all agree about, is that rapid weight loss often results in rapid weight gain after the diet finishes. In some cases, that means being heavier than the original weight after the diet ends. Losing 10 pounds in 1 days is not something I would risk, for that very reason.

Can I "weigh in" (pun intended, hahaha) on this issue as well? I last 10 kilos last year, and I did so gradually, throughout many months. The key, for me, was starting an exercise programme. The exercise was fun, gave me more energy and finally made me realise that I should alter the way I eat. After eating more and more healthily, and less, I did lose the weight.

Here are some simple and effective tips to lose weight faster without crash diets and heavy workouts.
Take a brisk walk for about an hour in the morning
Eat a healthy breakfast, like oatmeal, fruits and milk.
Drink a lot of water during the day.
Eat a light dinner, containing fruits and salad and keep at least 3 hours gap between the dinner and going to bed.
Try to walk as much as possible and exercise each day.