i have the same problem here.............i want to lose weight for the prom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please help me how can i lose weight in a healthier way,...............tnx!!!! :-(

Hi Jen, to lose weight in a healthy, safe and long lasting way, the secret is learning balanced nutrition and portion control and making both of them a daily routine. Instead of just dieting for a short period of time, you need to make a permanent change in your eating habits. This is the only way to shed your extra pounds gradually, which means healthily, and to be sure you won't gain all your weight back as soon as you quit your diet. I lost about 20 pounds in three months by following a mediterranean eating plan. It's something more than simply a diet, it's a healthy lifestyle. What I like most of it is that you learn smart eating habits (what foods are better for you and how much of them you should eat in order to control your weight avoiding the risk of nutritional deficiencies), so losing weight is a natural consequence of your healthier approach to food. Of course, in order to be effective, your eating plan must be tailored for your caloric needs, which depend on your age, build and activity level, which is why I chose a personalized program, based on my nutritional requirements, food preferences and lifestyle. If you wish to take a look at it, just google ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed, maybe you can sign up and get a sample eating plan in order to understand what are your nutritional needs and what kind of meals are the most suitable for your weight loss goal. Once you've learnt how to eat healthy and you've made it a daily routine, then you won't need to go on strict diets anymore because your eating style will help you keep your weight under control in a natural way!

Here are, also, some suggestions based on my plan you may find helpful:
1) subdivide your daily food intake into 5 small sittings, so you won't get really hungry between meals and won't have the temptation of eating snacks all day;
2) whenever you crave a candy, eat fruits and veggies instead (I always keep some raw vegetables in the fridge, just to have something healthy to crunch when I feel like snacking!);
3) at least 3-4 times a week eat “all-in-one-meals” like pasta with vegetables (zucchini, artichokes) or pasta with legumes (beans, peas, lentils), they are quite nourishing, so you'll feel satiated as you would be after a three-course meal but with a lower intake of calories;
4) prefer white meats to red meats, they are less fatty;
5) eat a lot of fish, especially blue fish like sardines, which is lower in calories;
6) try to avoid junk food and precooked foods: home made meals help you better control what you're eating and they are much healthier than those ready-cooked meals you find in the stores!
Also, try to pair healthy eating with some regular work out. My advice is: choose something you really enjoy, you'll find it easier to be consistent! Hope you'll find my tips useful! Good luck for your weight loss journey!

Hey I wear the Body Magic and it's helped me lose weight plus it gives me curves...I know there's a Body Fashion which is off the shoulders and a lot of women wear it for weddings and they're popular for prom too. If you're interested, I can tell you where to find one bc they aren't sold in stores.