Hi. My baby keeps losing pacifiers. I think I will tie the next one to my baby. Should I buy silicone or latex pacifier? Which one is better?

Hi. Yeah, it is tempting to tie a pacifier to a baby, but don`t. I think it`s kind of a risky to tie ribbons around baby`s neck, or to clothing. My baby keeps losing pacifiers too, so I keep small stashes in nursery. That is how I always have one at the ready. Silicone pacifier is harder for a baby to bite through. Latex is soft, on the other hand, but baby can easily chew through it. My baby prefers silicone, rounded pacifiers. I have one glow in the dark pacifier for a bedtime. Some babies don`t like pacifiers. A friend of mine has a baby who just hates it.

I came across this thread while surfing the Internet, and just wanted to post that it is a common misconception that latex is easier to bite through than silicone. While silicone is more durable after a lot of use, latex is actually harder to bite through than silicone. Anyone who's ever dealt with enlarging a hole in a silicone or latex bottle nipple knows that it is much easier to tear the silicone. That is why some companies, like Avent, offer pacifiers for 6+ months in latex ... because that is when the teething phase begins, and silicone is more of a choking hazard.