Hi.

I really want to lose weight because I don’t feel very well lately. I am pretty sure that the reason for that is my obesity. I am working almost all day and I don’t have time to exercise or just run. I can’t remember last time I went somewhere without my car. Also, I eat just fast food at my lunch breaks because it is too complicated for me to go home and eat something home-made.

Yesterday, one of my coworkers told me about the Hiller Method for losing weight. Apparently, she has lost a lot of her extra pounds thanks to it. Can you tell me what are the main principles of this method?

Hi.

The Hiller Method is not a magic spell for losing pounds as people tend to think, but it is pretty good. The main principle of this method is to learn how to chew your food properly. Namely, you should chew every single bite for about 35 times. This way, you make digestion much easier and because you eat slower you get full faster.

I would recommend it to anyone. You can really eat whatever you want and you really don’t have to exercise if you don’t want to and you will still find yourself losing pounds (if you chew your food properly of course).

Really? And that’s it? The only thing I need to do is to chew my bites better and that is supposed to make me lose weight?

Honestly it doesn’t sound very convincing. I am pretty sure I would not lose a single pound by using this method. I though this is a serious weight loss program with strict rules about every meal. That is what I need.

I salute the idea of chewing food properly though, I would recommend that to everyone. I myself often pay attention on chewing food since I know it helps better digestion. But the effect it has on weight loss is very questionable.

Hi there. I was just reminiscing over my dieting and fitness history, and did a search on the Hiller Method, since I used it to lose about 40 lbs in the late 90's. That's how I came to this page. I got in on it very soon after John Hiller started posting it, when websites were mostly text.

It really does work. You chew every bite thoroughly, eating just exactly what you want (believe me, chewing donuts, you don't WANT donuts) and stop when you're full. Somehow, chewing it increases the volume of your food, so your stomach feels full, to the point that even really good food, you just can't. Stomach is full. Not like "ooh, I'm full but this is just so tasty I'll have another bite and really chew it" Nope. It is more like "that was so good. I'm full." and go find something else to do.

Anyway I lost 40 lbs in about a year I guess, and didn't have between-meal cravings. I haven't eaten donuts since LOL This is four years after your post, but maybe you'll get notification. I'd recommend this to anyone.