I wanted to go to a very loud concert but I have found out I am pregnant. I will be 20 weeks by the time the concert comes around. That is why I wonder if anyone knows if the loud music will cause harmful effects to fetus? How could it be for fetus if I go to loud and noise concert? I would appreciate any info, because I would like to go to the concert, but I want my baby to be ok.

I could just tell you that every baby is different. By nine weeks, a fetus can hiccup and react to loud a noise, which is what I found out when I was pregnant. To hear is different but noise still affects a fetus, I am sure. I found out that amniotic fluid tends to enhance and amplify lower toned noises, such as bass from a stereo. In the same time, it muffles and absorbs higher pitched noises. I hope you know the fact that prolonged exposure to loud noise proves damaging to a full-grown person. Then you can imagine it must be harmful to a developing person, such as fetus is. Loud noise can startle and frighten a fetus, and those are something that I would not choose to feel if I had a choice. At 20 weeks pregnant, I personally would not attend a concert, because of loud noise might harm to your fetus. I feel bad if I raise my voice suddenly or loudly, so I cannot imagine how loud it is to the little one. That is just something I think is right, but not a professional opinion.