I am 50 and my husband is 55 years old. I am writing here because I am so worried about his condition. Last months he complains of abdominal pain and discomfort. Even he vomited few times. When he visited the doctor, he found some lump in him stomach. I would like what that could be, because I doubt of the worst solution, cancer.

Well, I have to disappoint you and say that cancer in forms of lump is very commonly found at people over 50 years old. Off course, it doesn’t have to be it necessary, but his doctor should perform some tests more. Any of cells in stomach wall can become cancerous one day. That’s why I would recommend blood tests where we expect anemia or lack of red blood cells. Barium meal x-ray examination is able to detect stomach lump and stomach cancer as well. Also, endoscope is possible procedure to discover what it is all about. That is passage of a fiber optic scope into the stomach through the mouth. This is performed so that biopsy can be done, which is very important to confirm what stomach lump is. This is even better method for diagnosing lump in stomach. I would recommend him to do all those examination, because it’s the only way to be sure if that stomach lump is cancerous or non-cancerous.