I'm a male, 30, in shape, healthy.

I recently noticed a small lump at the top of my right buttock. It is just below the surface of the skin and is round like. It can't be squeezed and is not painful at all.

Just wondering if this is a cyst/something more serious.

Thanks,
Matt

Additionally, I have been sitting down a lot doing internet work and I recently took a 13 hour flight back to the US.

A pilonidal cyst seems to be the most likely.

Well, pilonidal cysts do form in people who have sedentary kind of job and are more common in men than in women but it is not exactly known what causes these cysts. Some think it is infected hair while others believe it is some kind of cyst being present from the birth and got inflamed and filled with puss.
They usually hurt a lot. Have you seen a doc about the matter?
If it really is a pilondial, you may need to take antibiotics first but if that doesn’t work, you may need to have sort of surgery in which the skin is cut and the cyst drained and hairs (that are often found inside) removed. But there are other methods as well.

But if the cyst just appeared, try having warm baths, soaking the cyst, so that the cyst may go down and so you can avoid having surgery.

Let me tell you my story. I felt a lump in my left buttock over a year ago. I researched it, as you are probably doing, and then I made an appointment with an oncologist...no GP first, straight to an oncologist. I was in the hospital that night, had surgery the following morning, again in a week and again in two weeks. I had fibrosarcoma, a cancer of connective soft tissue, in my case, the muscle and fat in my left buttock. Basically, I walk around half-a**ed now. I lost my a** to cancer. But, I spent a year in surgeries, chemo and radiation. It is IMPORTANT not to DISMISS this symptom. It may be nothing, but, as it was in my case, it could be something and TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE! Don't delay with your life. Go see a specialist NOW. My doctor is in Los Angeles, Dr. Chawla, (Santa Monica). MD Anderson is a great cancer center, so is Moffitt in Florida. Where ever you are, find treatment and find it quick.

Love to you and prayers in thought of you.

Sandy

WELL I HAVE A CYST ON MY BUTT FROM A EX THAT WE WERE PLAYING HE BIT MY BUTT, 10 YRS NOW IT IS THE SIZE OF MAYBE A GOLFBALL INTERNAL, NOT BIG AT ALL EXTERNAL, NONE -THE-LESS I SAW TSKING SILICA CURED THEM
NO LIE JUST BY CHANCE I HAD A BOTTLE OF SILICA (HAIR,SKIN,NAILS)
I TOOK IT FOR TWO DAYS SAW CHANGE, ITS BEEN THREE WEEKS ALMOST GONE NOW! MY GOAL NOW IS TO SEE IF IT WILL STAY GONE!