Hi everyone, newbie here :-)

So, I've finallly quit smoking after 25 years, 15-20 cigarettes a day. In the last 2 years I've just felt that the effects of smoking were starting to affect my health so have made a firm commitment to myself to not go back to smoking again. I know that I will succeed this time!
I'm wondering if anyone knows of anything that helps speed up lung cleansing? I'm sure after smoking all these years it's going to take my lungs some time to get back to 'normal', so if there is anything I can take to help with the cleansing, I would love to hear about it.

thank you.

I quit smoking in 1982 after about the same number of years as you. I was surprised at the comments I got from my doctor about how quickly your lungs recover. I never found or heard about anything I could use to speed up the process but you do notice the difference rather quickly. I think they say at 5 years you are as good as if you never smoked. Of course that must be providing you didn't get any lung diseases in the first place. :O