Hello! I am Ben and I am twenty. I am generally very healthy person and I didn’t have any serious disease in my life. I run every day and I take care of my nutrition. But, sometimes I feel the lymph nodes in my neck and under the arms. I don’t feel any pain and I think the lymph nodes are movable when I touch them. I am not sure if this is normal. Should we feel our lymph nodes in the neck and other places?

Hello! There are around 500 to 600 lymph nodes in our body. Lymph nodes are very important part of our immune system. They act as filters; they filter fluids and catch viruses and bacteria which are then destroyed. It is normal that you feel some of the lymph nodes either a group or one by one. You can feel the main groups of lymph nodes in the neck, under the arms and in the groin. If they are not sensitive or sore to touch there is no need to worry. It is sufficient to check your lymph nodes once a month by yourself and you will notice every possible change.