Hello! I had a throat infection recently and my lymph nodes swelled. This happened to me for the first time and I didn’t connect swollen lymph nodes to my throat infection. I thought it was something more serious but when I visited my doctor he said I shouldn’t be worried and that my lymph nodes were swollen because of the throat infection. My throat is fine now but the lymph nodes are still swollen. I heard this could be connected to my nutrition. Is there any special diet for infected lymph nodes?

Hello! Lymph nodes are an important part of our immune system. They are like filters in our body that catch viruses and bacteria which are then destroyed by our white blood cells. When lymph nodes are fighting the infection, they may become swollen and painful. Since you had a throat infection you should give your lymph nodes about two weeks to go back to normal. I think there is neither specific treatment nor special diet for them. Of, course it is always important to eat healthy in order keep healthy and improve you immune system. The best diet is the one which is low in saturated fat and rich in whole grains, fruit and vegetables.

not that I know of...