Hi! I heard many different stories about insect bites and their consequences. My friend has certain problem with lymph nodes. I don’t know what it is exactly but he told me that he has that problem because of an insect bite. I find it very strange and I’m wondering could insect bites affect lymph nodes?

Hi! I know something about lymphedema. When you have an infection of lymph nodes, they can make extra lymph fluid, which can lead to lymphedema. This is very serious condition because there no cure for it. People can not prevent lymphedema but there some things that may lower the risk of developing it. One of them is avoiding insect bites.

Insect bites are usually cause problems with blood infection and skin rash. Now it depends on the type of insect but I think that some insects might cause problems with lymphatic system. You have to understand that lymph nodes tend to swell when there is an infection in your body. So any kind of infection, bacterial, viral or fungal can cause the problem with lymph nodes. Does your friend know what kind of insect bite him? What did he do to treat this condition? The insect bites usually go away after several days and when this is gone your lymph nodes should be back to normal as well. If you notice more complications from this you should see a doctor.