Hello! My son is two years old and he is very health child. He only had one throat infection last year. Sometimes he has stuffed nose but it usually goes back to normal after few days. I think his lymph nodes in from of his ears are a little bit swollen. My husband says I am overreacting and that he can’t feel anything. Can you detect lymph nodes in front of your ears? Is this normal?

Hello! Lymph nodes can be detected and found alone or in a group throughout our body. The main groups can be felt in the areas of the head and neck, under the arms and in the groin. When they are normal they are not sensitive or sore to touch. Usually lymph nodes are not enlarged but if you have previously had an infection (such as tonsillitis, sinusitis or even a bad tooth) you may have noticed and felt lymph nodes becoming enlarged, painful and tender. Since your son is only two years old his teeth are still growing and this could be the reason for swollen lymph nodes. See if any of his new teeth are coming out. If the lymph nodes are not back to normal size after two weeks you should visit your doctor.