I've recently had a miscarriage at 5 weeks pregnant. Would i be able to fall pregnant straight away or do i need to wait?
Could having a miscarriage make my chances of falling pregnant quicker or no? Please let me know.
Thanks %-) %-) %-)

my ob/gy never gave me any details about waiting either, but I am pregnant again now, I miscarried some 7 weeks ago and had all the tests to check nothing was left and that the pregnancy had progressed itself. I did not have a period after I stopped the miscarry bleed, but was getting negative blood and urine tests so was not pregnant. I was worried this weekend as nothing had happened after the miscarry bleed stopped, so decided to do a test and low and behold, I’m pregnant again. Of course I am terrified but if you want to have sex with your partner there I can see there is nothing stopping you as long as you have been checked out for infection or any foetal tissue left behind. I think that with the risk of miscarriage (30%) being quite high and everyone seems to know people who have lost babies recently, then we have to get on with our lives and not live in fear. The fact that we have tests which can tell we are pregnant so far in advance nowadays, I think for those people desperate to have a baby this can actually be a bad thing because we are almost setting ourselves up for a fall. In times gone past there were just as many women having miscarriages, but because the medical technology was not as sophisticated, I am sure many early miscarriages were just mistaken for late periods. My husband and I have agreed that we wait in future until I am a few weeks overdue before we do a test so that I don’t panic early on and then end up upset if there is a natural abortion of the foetus.

how soon after your miscarriage did you fall pregnant again?

I also had a 'misscariage' in May - the foetus had died in utero, which I found out on my 12 week scan. The foetus had stopped growing at about 8 weeks. I ended up having a D&C and my doctor advised me to wait until I had two periods to give my body time to heal.

I did and 3 months after the loss I am pregnant again.

I had a miscarriage in May when I was 5 weeks pregnant. We were very upset and wanted to try again but wait a while before we did. My doctor told me to wait at least a cycle. We were not trying but I became pregnant only two weeks after. I was three weeks pregnant and started having symptoms of pregnancy again. My husband and I were shocked to learn I was pregnant again! We were very worried but they have kept a close watch on me with many ultrasounds and I am now 31 weeks pregnant with a baby girl. Just 9 more weeks! Yay!! I can't wait to see her. I hope this helps and gives hope I know how devastating it feels to miscarry.

I started to miscarry on the 10th Oct, Me and my partner had unprotected sex on the 10th and 11th oct is it possible I fell pregnant again while my miscarriage was starting? Its just im putting on a lot of weight and I work in a gym full time, im training lots and im not eating any different but im definitely noticing a change in my body size and shape?

In Nov I was told my HCG leve,s from the miscarriage had dropped to 3 so it had all come away naturally. If I had however fallen pregnant in between this time could it be possible the New Rising HCG levels would not have been picked up.

Thanks

M.J

I found out i was pregnant then 3days after i started spotting, i went to the hosp and had various tests an appointments and they told me i was 6wks pregnant but it was a threatned miscarriage, then i went back again and i had another pregnancy test which confirmed i had lost the baby, they told me to wait atleast a cycle before trying again, i have had unprotected sex atleast 3 times though now im not sure if i am pregnant again. Its been 6wks since i bled loosing the baby, im confused ... %-)

I feel pregnant in november and had a miss miscarridge the baby had died inside at 7-8 weeks but my body ignored it and about 11-12 weeks i started to get brown discharge, bad cramp so i phoned the hospital and got an app to go in for a scan i went and had a scan and they couldnt see the heart beat:'( i was gutted but they didnt tell me it was a miscarridge they made me come back in a week for another scan to see if things have changed that week passed had another scan nothing had changed so they took it as a miscarridge. The sack was right at the bottom off my cervix by this time just ready to come away i got left for another to weeks to see if it comes away its self or if i have to get a D and C incase off infections! so going back this thursday 10-2-2011 to see whats happening:( i dont wish this to happen to anyone its awful what we have to go throw! x

i had a miscarriage in apr last year then fell pregnant straight after in may and went on to have a healthy baby girl who is a year old but just before her first birthday i miscarried again :( its 2 weeks since i lost the baby and am feeling nauseous i slept wiv my partner as soon as the bleeding stopped im hopeful i can be expecting again as i was devastated after my last loss it was so awful

1 week later