Hello. I'm 24 year old female and I'm on my second year of college. You see, I think I have developed some serious health problem. Before every exam and almost every time I'm anxious I'm starting to suffer from strange symptoms such as bloating, cramping, gas, and abdominal pain. When it first happened to me I didn’t pay too much attention on it because I thought that it was some trivial food poisoning. But, that happened a year ago and since then it happened to me at least ten times more. I have read some stuff about this condition and found out that it could be some irritable bowel syndrome. But one friend told me that ovarian cancer is often misdiagnosed with IBS. Should I be worried about this?

Well, I don’t know a lot about this but I have recognized the things you’ve mentioned because the exact same thing happened to my good friend. She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer after months of living with the wrong idea that she suffers from irritable bowel syndrome. So, your friend really told you the truth- it can be misdiagnosed with the IBS because of the same symptoms.
Luckily the cancer didn’t spread and everything went well. I will tell you some symptoms that are the same with ovarian cancer and irritable bowel syndrome. Some of them are pressure or bloating in your abdomen, constant and progressive changes in bowel or bladder patterns and persistent digestive problems. My suggestion is- contact your GP immediately for proper diagnosis and further evaluation.